Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Not if that means we are dumping most/all of Kimbrel's salary and then signing Conforto.  I think the Kimbrel return and how much money we shed will determine whether we make another move after that.

Conforto is gone, dude.

It's over. 

They are allergic to left handed savages. 

They are allergic to making an actual viable plan for winning a title. 

Just let it go.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

See my last post…would almost certainly be getting prospects or a young starting pitcher like Paddack.  Only ways it makes any sense.

Used to be a big Paddack guy, but he's washed. He can't develop a third pitch and can't be a two pitch starter with Fastball/Change up.

20 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah these are the kind of guys they would get back I would think.

Outman isn't bad choice among those 4. I don't think the Sox would have to eat much of Kimbrels contract either for him.

Made a big leap at AA last year. Got some MLB time with the Dodgers. Could be used in a trade for a pitcher with Oakland.

Line at AA in 166 AB was .289 , .369, .518 .887 K's too much. Maybe get a 2nd piece and eat more contract.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

7 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

This is what they were asked if the potential trade would address RF in a good way and this was their answer.

So does this guy have any cred? Or is he just building off what Cishek posted? 

25 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Then we might as well just keep Kimbrel, in all honesty. 

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to bring him back.  We are going to need arms this year.  Granted we need other things, but if we can only make the finances worse, forget it.  Go to war with a superpen and put pressure on Tony to figure how to use the guy.

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to bring him back.  We are going to need arms this year.  Granted we need other things, but if we can only make the finances worse, forget it.  Go to war with a superpen and put pressure on Tony to figure how to use the guy.

This is how I see it too. If his trade value right now is just some bench players from LA, then I don't think he can lower his value that much more. You might as well hope he rebounds and deal him at the deadline. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Perhaps the Sox have to throw in someone else to even out the trade?

Or do we have to take back David Price to even it out?  Their bullpen slots down much better with Treinen and Brusdar at SU with Kimbrel closing. 

Just now, JoeCredeYes said:

Or do we have to take back David Price to even it out?  Their bullpen slots down much better with Treinen and Brusdar at SU with Kimbrel closing. 

How is that possibly helping us?  Price as a starter again?  All these moves simply seem like compounding two mistakes at present (trade and then picking up the option) into even worse ones.

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Have you seen how terrible Bellinger was last year? His MVP season looks to be the outlier. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bellico01.shtml

How much of that is legitimate, and how much of that is some pretty nasty injuries.

https://dodgers.mlblogs.com/injury-update-cody-bellingers-rib-fracture-sends-him-to-injured-list-de47768dba8c

• Quin locked this topic