2022 Bold Predictions Thread

Quin

Sox limp out of the gate behind subpar starting pitching driven by injuries and regression from Lynn.  Soxtalk goes bananas, everyone's worst fears about the roster are seemingly confirmed, and baseball writes off the team.

Sox catch fire in the second half behind huge performance from Eloy and a blistering breakout campaign from Vaughn, capture AL pennant.  

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I hate to say it but I think Giolito has LA on his mind and I don't blame him.

Alright, bold prediction:

If the White Sox make the World Series this year, both TA and Gio will retire as White Sox with their numbers retired.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Not only does Kenny Williams leave after this year, but Tony LaRussa ends up taking his place

And Tony's first order of business is to fire Hawk Harrelson.  When Tony is informed that Hawk is retired, he attempts to fire Steve Stone.  Stone goes on a tirade during a broadcast and calls out Tony, demanding that they fight.  The Sox set up a "7th Inning Stretch Loser Goes Home" Boxing Match during a game in May.  The match is called a draw when both Tony and Steve dose off in their corners before the fight even starts.

- Sheets hits 28 home runs, dates a Hooters waitress or modern equivalent

- Kendall 'ask for me tomorrow and you shall find me a' Graveman is a source of stress for many of us

- Kopech throws a gem in October

- Kimbrel is dealt for Trevor Bauer

1 minute ago, Big Hurtin said:

Bold???

Okay, TLR doesn't show up one of his own players.

Before @bmags gets to it.

He doesn't show up one of his players - he shows up all of them.

We thought we were ready for everything, but none of us were ready for Player Manager La Russa.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So one of the best offensive players in the game. I'll take that. Not sure he can hit more than 275 personally.

I originally had him a little lower as my actual prediction but figured this is bold predictions. 

I'll add that I do think offense in general comes back a bit this year and we see a bit more power and league average offense is better than last year but still think he'll fit right in there in the top 20-24 hitters in the game. 

Vaughn sprays the ball to all fields. Last year he was a little off balance, but if he gets a little batted ball luck off setting the brutal stuff last year, he could be a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Sox are never in the playoff race and TLR announces his retirement in August. They are sellers at the deadline. 

Given how many playoff teams, this would be more than a bold prediction; it would be a catastrophe of injuries I'd have to imagine. Like 6-7 major injuries to stars. Even if they start slow, no one should run away with that division or extra playoff spot.

Conclusion: Very Bold, the boldest of bold

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I originally had him a little lower as my actual prediction but figured this is bold predictions. 

I'll add that I do think offense in general comes back a bit this year and we see a bit more power and league average offense is better than last year but still think he'll fit right in there in the top 20-24 hitters in the game. 

Vaughn sprays the ball to all fields. Last year he was a little off balance, but if he gets a little batted ball luck off setting the brutal stuff last year, he could be a lot of fun.

He def was off balance at times. He really has the ability to have both a short swing and a long barrel in the zone. It's probably why he was #3 overall as projected 1B. Hopefully he can let his natural talent emerge this year and adjust inside when necessary while still looking out over the plate.

• Like 1