Stiever to 60 day IL; Sox Claim LHP Yoan Aybar

ChiSox59

6 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

yup

Easy to take that perspective after a dude goes under the knife. I would image timing the relative peak value of a prospect is more difficult than timing a peak exit in the stock market. The volatility on prospect value is likely so high I imagine it only takes a few months to gain or lose a significant share of their potential return.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mac9001 said:

Easy to take that perspective after a dude goes under the knife. I would image timing the relative peak value of a prospect is more difficult than timing a peak exit in the stock market. The volatility on prospect value is likely so high I imagine it only takes a few months to gain or lose a significant share of their potential return.

I said they should've traded him before he got hurt.

59 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I said they should've traded him before he got hurt.

I remember being excited to see him in the majors and it took one inning to realize his stuff didn’t match the scouting reports.  Fastball had no life to it and breaking pitches were blah with no command.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

I remember being excited to see him in the majors and it took one inning to realize his stuff didn’t match the scouting reports.  Fastball had no life to it and breaking pitches were blah with no command.

Weren’t we all wondering if he were hurt that game?  I too remember being excited to see him in the bigs and was left woefully underwhelmed by his stuff. 

31 minutes ago, fathom said:

You have to be careful with pitchers who make massive jumps in the minor leagues.  Everyone wants to think that's the pitcher they're going to be going forward but it's extremely difficult to maintain especially when they've never been that type of pitcher before.  Alec Hansen is another guy who was like that.