2022 MLB catch all thread

Balta1701

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

And the next two Astros, Gurriel and Tucker, flew out to the warning track. Tepera looking like batting practice.

And then the next guy missed a homer foul by five feet.  They were probably 15 total feet from five in a row.

Just now, fathom said:

And then the next guy missed a homer foul by five feet.  They were probably 15 total feet from five in a row.

Yeah, he was getting hammered.

Angels broadcast said the Gurriel flyout would have been a HR in 28 of 30 parks. Tucker's would have been in 20 of 30 parks.

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Beer with a walk-off homer on National Beer Day.  Padres really should have gone after Kimbrel. 

Boy, is it fun when the precious Padres lose like that. Why is a 31 yo rookie that I’ve never heard of closing games for them? 2 walks, a HBP, recorded no outs lol

11 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Boy, is it fun when the precious Padres lose like that. Why is a 31 yo rookie that I’ve never heard of closing games for them? 2 walks, a HBP, recorded no outs lol

That was his first MLB appearance, albeit an older guy.  Was in Japan last year, throws 100 but wild and obviously made a mistake with the breaking pitch to speed up Beer’s bat.

Hence the new closer Rogers, who for some odd reason had an elongated bullpen session in MN and was deemed unavailable to pitch.  Weird.

Don’t deserve to win anyway getting four hits against AZ.

Fans are turning on Melvin already for using Stammen and the untested Suarez in that situation.

Abrams should make his debut tmrw.

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

That was his first MLB appearance, albeit an older guy.  Was in Japan last year, throws 100 but wild and obviously made a mistake with the breaking pitch to speed up Beer’s bat.

Hence the new closer Rogers, who for some odd reason had an elongated bullpen session in MN and was deemed unavailable to pitch.  Weird.

Don’t deserve to win anyway getting four hits against AZ.

Fans are turning on Melvin already for using Stammen and the untested Suarez in that situation.

Abrams should make his debut tmrw.

Rogers should help but I’m surprised they never added a more reliable proven closer with all the trades and signings they’ve made the last few years.

8 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Seth Beer with a walk off HR vs Padres.

Complete meltdown from Padres bullpen after a gem from Darvish. 

Entered 9th with a 2-0 lead. 2 walks, HPB, Wild Pitch, HR. Zero outs recorded.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761190cddaf6b2377856a3

Ever since I've seen Padres fans use the term "Now this is Padresing!" for disasters, I can't stop laughing about it.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Just want to be on record that Judge will regret turning that contract down.

Agree 100%. I also didn't realize he was 29, thought he was younger for some reason. Should have taken it all day.