2022 MLB catch all thread

Balta1701

The Angels have killed Shohei Ohtani's joy.

“Remaining motivated in that way is hard,” Ohtani said in Japanese when asked if it’s difficult to stay motivated because the Angels are not playoff contenders.

“I’m cheering from the bottom of my heart for the players who left,” Ohtani said. “I’d like them to be part of good teams, get results and do their best in the postseason.”

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Dodgers have several utter scrap-heap players that blossomed once they got their hands on them.  2 or 3 in the bullpen.
They have quite the eye for pitching.

Dodgers are the gold standard franchise of baseball.

They just flexed on the Padres and this Dodgers run has been more homegrown than not.

• Like 1

Man I love that LH DH 1st baseman the Phils brought up a little over a month ago, Darick Hall. He has really stepped up. Just a couple years ago he was in the minors ,AA hitting HR's , taking walks and not much else. Then he plays in a Mexican league doesn't do so hot there but the Phils stuck him in AAA anyway and more of the same HR's and walks.

But this year he starting doing much better in AAA hitting like he did in 2018 in A+.

Phillies called him up and he's still hitting like he did in AAA this year in 27 games with the Phils. With him ,Hoskins and Schwarber hitting bombs they don't miss Harper as much as they could have.

Gotta love a couple of other LH savages too PJ Melendez with KC and Michael Harris with Atl.

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

Dodgers are the gold standard franchise of baseball.

They just flexed on the Padres and this Dodgers run has been more homegrown than not.

I was really hoping that the Sox could've picked up Outman in the Kimbrel deal. I'm sure I mentioned him somewhere in some post trying to figure out who was available who was LH with power and could play the OF. But of course Hahn went with the 34 yr old.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The edge they have over other orgs from a player dev, coaching, & scouting perspective is just massive. They have more money than everyone else and maximize players ability (from the majors through the minors) better than every other org too.

Imagine the Sox giving Sosa the AB's the Dodgers gave Outman  when they brought him up and Sosa doing what Outman did 6/13 ,2 doubles , 2 walks and a HR then the Dodgers turn right around and send him back down.

If the Sox did that after a call up like that everyone would be pissed off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

Cubs picked up Franmil off waivers. 

And are going to release Heyward after this season.

He seems like a great dude and it’s not his fault someone offered him all that money, but that turned into just a terrible deal.

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

And are going to release Heyward after this season.

He seems like a great dude and it’s not his fault someone offered him all that money, but that turned into just a terrible deal.

The Score reported this afternoon that Hayward has played his last game with the Cubs. They are going to allow him to look for a new team, if he can’t find a trade he will be DFA’d. 

edit: I can’t read. I thought you were asking the question. 

Edited by Marqhead

On 8/8/2022 at 12:17 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Man I love that LH DH 1st baseman the Phils brought up a little over a month ago, Darick Hall. He has really stepped up. Just a couple years ago he was in the minors ,AA hitting HR's , taking walks and not much else. Then he plays in a Mexican league doesn't do so hot there but the Phils stuck him in AAA anyway and more of the same HR's and walks.

But this year he starting doing much better in AAA hitting like he did in 2018 in A+.

Phillies called him up and he's still hitting like he did in AAA this year in 27 games with the Phils. With him ,Hoskins and Schwarber hitting bombs they don't miss Harper as much as they could have.

Gotta love a couple of other LH savages too PJ Melendez with KC and Michael Harris with Atl.

Brothers?  Or mistype?