Cubs 2022 thread

Balta1701

On 4/21/2022 at 7:21 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Ross has Madrigal hitting 6th.  Would love to hear the reasoning behind that one and if that isn't a wake up call to Jason Heyward nothing is.  Wow

Heyward's actually having a decent season so far.   And Madrigal's not in the line-up today.   Think he's just experimenting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lmao, an actual thing that was written on BCB:

An off topic rant. I apologize in advance, but this needs to be said.

I didn't watch today's game. I worked late Pacific time, and by the time I realized the game was in progress it was already something like 11-5. I wouldn't have watched it anway.

mlb.tv sometimes plays the same commercials over and over, every half inning. Yesterday the commercial they selected to play every half inning was a group of lovely young ladies getting dressed up to go out on the town and have fun, promoting Las Vegas. Nothing else matters but partying and money is the message we can take from this.

I personally found this offensive, yesterday of all days. MLB should declare a day of mourning with no games played. But at a minimum they should recognize the gravity of the situation and not play these stupid commercials on how to spend your disposable cash, that most people don't have anyway.

Our backyard fence borders and elementary school. I take joy in hearing those kids out playing during recess and lunch. And every pop I hear now from a car on the street or wherever, makes me jump.

MLB could do something. We can do something. Personally, I think a general strike is in order for about a month. Maybe that would get people's attention.

This must change. It's not freedom. It's insanity. End of rant. If you want me to go, I'll go quietly. Take care, Cubs fans.

On 5/26/2022 at 6:08 PM, caulfield12 said:

Just wait until they trade Contreras, Happ, Robertson, Stroman (maybe), etc.

Even with the weaker division, rebuilding on the fly was always going to be a nearly insurmountable challenge.

I'd be happy to take Nico Hoerner off their hands and put him at 2B.

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'd be happy to take Nico Hoerner off their hands and put him at 2B.

We will be offered Villar.  And what would we have to give up for Hoerner?  It would be super expensive you can be sure of that.

Might be better off renting Contreras if Grandal and McGuire don't come around.

31 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We will be offered Villar.  And what would we have to give up for Hoerner?  It would be super expensive you can be sure of that.

Might be better off renting Contreras if Grandal and McGuire don't come around.

I wasn’t offering anything....they don't need him 😎

• 2 weeks later...

I hardly ever get to watch the Cubs because I have no reason to buy into their network. When I had the chance to peek in at a game, I saw many empty seats in Wrigley. I think when Ricketts bought this team, he thought all he had to do was stand by the Harry Caray statue with an Old Style. The lovable loser stuff has long been over. The Cub FO has to turn this mess around quickly or the shrine on the north side is going to look awfully lonely.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

So it sounds like the Cubs are frustrated by Madrigal’s inability to stay healthy.  No shock there.

I'm sure they're frustrated by his inability to hit too. He's been just awful. 

Edited by ron883