Kimbrel traded for AJ Pollock

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

So we saved 6m, 5m of which can be used for the buyout next year if they feel Colas is ready. 

I wish Pollock was left handed but whatever, it's already well established that we hate LH savages and apparently enjoy getting killed by RHP. At least it's a quality player when healthy. 

What does this mean for Vaughn? 

Keep in minors awhile to get year of service time and then DH? 

Think we'll see Sheets on the block now, tbh.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

Extreme optimist lens: Maybe this means they're confident in Crochet's injury outlook???

Kimbrel didn't want to be here. Didn't want his role and was going to be a dog. Getting anything for kimbrel was a big win. I guess the dodgers didn't want to pay the full tax on Jansen and figured they could offset that by shedding Pollock contract.

Shocked they got a viable big leaguer. Wonder if they eat any money. Good stuff. Good call to all who held out faith on getting something of value for kimbrel. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

So we saved 6m, 5m of which can be used for the buyout next year if they feel Colas is ready. 

I wish Pollock was left handed but whatever, it's already well established that we hate LH savages and apparently enjoy getting killed by RHP. At least it's a quality player when healthy. 

What does this mean for Vaughn? 

Keep in minors awhile to get year of service time and then DH? 

He's pretty strong vs. RHP, and was amazing all types of pitching last year.

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

With Pollack having very little RF experience I hope this means Vaughn (when healthy) in RF and Eloy DH’ing the majority of the time. Probably won’t happen but would be nice 

Pollock used to play CF and still does on occasions. I'm sure he'll be fine in RF. His defense is nothing to write home about, but it's at least average. 

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Kimbrel didn't want to be here. Didn't want his role and was going to be a dog. Getting anything for kimbrel was a big win. I guess the dodgers didn't want to pay the full tax on Jansen and figured they could offset that by shedding Pollock contract.

Shocked they got a viable big leaguer. Wonder if they eat any money. Good stuff. Good call to all who held out faith on getting something of value for kimbrel. 

I don't know. I was right about Kimbrel when they made the option but I'm still so grossed out by the offseason process I'm not even particularly looking to take my winnings here. 

But I think this board as whole has crushed on pollock since his AZ days and I'm looking forward to watching him play, and this is positive and I'm happy and am just going to be relieved.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pal said:

Everyone can chill now!!! Remember the people who told u the Sox were done and the last few weeks.

Exactly, I knew the Dodgers would be calling just a matter of when.  Now we don't have to worry about Kimbrel doing poorly and drawing no interest if this deal goes through.

In Hahn I trust.

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

With Pollack having very little RF experience I hope this means Vaughn (when healthy) in RF and Eloy DH’ing the majority of the time. Probably won’t happen but would be nice 

What ? 

Why make this trade if not for the simple purpose to not have Vaughn in RF? 

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

So where does he play if they want Sheets and Vaughn getting at bats?

Sheets has to DH against most, if not all RHP. Vaughn can DH vs LHP and spell Eloy and AJ in the OF on other days. Plus, you know there will be injuries at some point.

Best thing about this is that Leury is finally only an IF, where he's much better defensively.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

So...

Anderson
Robert
Abreu
Jimenez
Grandal
Moncada
Pollock
Sheets/Vaughn
Harrison/Leury

Or something like that.  Lineup looks better, and the OF looks much better.

That is only a LHP lineup, TLR will never stack that many righties vs RHP.

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

What ? 

Why make this trade if not for the simple purpose to not have Vaughn in RF? 

Because I’d rather have Vaughn in the field than watch Eloy hurt himself.

Im also higher on Vaughn than seemingly 99% of the board and want to see him get regular AB’s. 

Edited by TheFutureIsNear
  • Like 1