Kimbrel traded for AJ Pollock

Sleepy Harold

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

And he's definitely going to get additional opportunities, but he also was 1-6 with a 7.62 ERA at Charlotte before he was called up. I have no idea what changed when he came up, but I also don't know for certain which guy he is, because that's like 2 different guys.

Lasik?

38 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

1. Timmy
2. Moncada
3. Robert
4. Abreu (because we know they won't move him)
5. Yaz
6. Eloy
7. Pollock
8. Vaughn/Sheets
9. The legend

I'd guess they'd likely bat Sheets 7 and Pollock 8 when Sheets plays to break up the Righties.

That's an absolutely filthy lineup.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Or they could decide to give Sheets a shot in MLB and send Vaughn to Charlotte. Vaughn struggled mightily with RHP last year so a season in Charlotte could be beneficial. 

Why are we assuming that Vaughn can't/won't improve as a hitter after his first full season?

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Was the $3M bonus already paid?  So its $18M luxury tax hit, but out of pocket for Sox is $15M?  So a $1M savings.  

Bonus is non-cash at this point.  From what I can tell, we will owe him his $10M cash salary this year plus either a $10M salary for 2023 or a $5M buyout.  His luxury payroll hit for both years appears to be $12M.

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Sheets raked last year but keep in mind that was only for less than half a season. We don’t know how good he will be for a full season so including him in a deal for a SP wouldn’t necessarily be horrible.

Sheets has Oakland player written all over him TBH. 

I'm split on him. On one hand, what he did was in a small sample and probably not representative of who he is over a full season. On the other hand, it's been a long time since we've had a power bat like him from the left side that's actually been exciting. If what happened last year was real, he's easily a 30 homer guy over a full season. Even if he plays no defense, that has a lot of value. 

• Like 4

Just now, Baron said:

Jack is desperate to see Vaughn sent down to the minors. I have no idea why but he's been saying it for months. 

I'm not, he's the victim of a numbers game and because he's the guy with the highest potential and is the youngest player, it makes sense to get a year back and give him MiLB at bats, as he's not played above HiA in the minors. 

I don't understand people projecting playing time as if everyone will stay healthy the entire season. That's not how this work at all. Guys will get hurt and need days off anyway. Vaughn is going to play a ton, even if on paper, he's slated to be in the short side of a DH platoon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Both of them???

Burger's value isn't very high. Especially to a team like Oakland, since Burger is pretty much ML ready when they're years away from competing.