SP Targets

57 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

So we all know the Sox have interest in Manaea, but they might need even more if Lynn is out for awhile. Any other decent starting pitchers available? Maybe John Means? Thought I would start a thread for discussion purposes.

Means is going to be prohibitively expensive.

https://www.cleveland.com/guardians/2022/04/guardians-like-it-or-not-are-going-to-play-the-kids-week-in-baseball.html

The Indians have a much better system and wouldn't meet the asking price for Winker and Olson, but it's interesting they were trying to add.

14 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Cueto feels like Mat Latos all over again.

Him not being built up is a problem, but I think he's worth taking a flier on over guys who will be released, placed on waivers, etc. But only marginally so.

Not targeting teams with 40 man crunches to get SP depth at a reasonable cost was such a huge and obvious mistake. It's what the smart teams do to help build depth and overlooking that aspect of roster building is a small but glaring example of why KW/RH teams have struggled to build depth for decades.

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Chris Paddack

Wouldn't be shocked if SD held on to Manaea and gave up on Paddack...who still has value attached due to his years of control and perceived upside with a change of scenery.

Fwiw, Gore got rocked and really looked rattled yesterday...not sure he ever reaches his lofty expectations with SD.  Lefties are like that.  Late bloomers.

20 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I would fucking LOVE Paddack.  I am a big fan.  Plus I wondered if he's more available than he already was after they got Manaea.  Is there any interest from us for him?

The only player/s they would possibly want would be Vaughn/Sheets for 1B/DH if they can somehow jettison Hosmer.  Voit's there as well now.

I can just imagine the outcry if it was Vaughn dealt...

15 minutes ago, StateStSports said:

We have room for Hosmer.  Cries into a pillow 

The White Sox won't agree to take $30 million and pay Hosmer $30 million when they already have five 1B/DH types on the roster.

Myers is a nonstarter with Pollock.

But he's left handed at least, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

I'd still take a flyer on Folty on aminor league deal. His fb velo went up to 94 mph last year. He was dogshit, but his velo was closer to back. And pitchers are weird, he's likely awful.

But yeah gonna be rough when they add Trevor Bauer.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'd still take a flyer on Folty on aminor league deal. His fb velo went up to 94 mph last year. He was dogshit, but his velo was closer to back. And pitchers are weird, he's likely awful.

But yeah gonna be rough when they add Trevor Bauer.

How much would the Dodgers have to pay as a subsidy for Sox fans to countenance that?

I bet the number for tolerating Bauer would have ticked up considerably in the last 7-10 days.

Might as well add Matt Harvey for more unimpeachable character guys.

Edited by caulfield12