Cueto to Sox (Official)

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Weak. 

So much for the "quality" SP Stone mentioned. This is crap. The division will be tight all year.

It’s really frustrating that this team looks worse on paper than last year.  It’s still a very talented team but I think we all expected the talent level to remain similar, if not improve, then to see it go down a bit.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Weak. 

So much for the "quality" SP Stone mentioned. This is crap. The division will be tight all year.

Minor league deal…they continue searching for a better starter and simply keep Cueto in AAA until he needs to be released.  Not a perfect solution, but way better than nothing and other readily available options.

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

If he can't pitch for weeks what's the point? 

Isn't he supposed to be a short term bridge? 

Additional rotation depth is needed now but also for the rest of the season as well. It's not realistic to expect Cueto to go from not pitching in ST to being on the OD roster.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I hope they aren't done trying to pursue rotation help in the meantime. Someone who could get the team through April that also has options remaining would be a big addition right now.

Yep time to trade Adolfo and a prospect for some pitching.  As my buddy CWS just mentioned, it’s really difficult to see how they cover all the innings in April.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If he can't pitch for weeks what's the point? 

Isn't he supposed to be a short term bridge? 

Lynn is gonna be out 8 weeks. If Cueto needs 3 weeks to ramp up, he can still pitch the 5 weeks Lynn is out. 

Just now, fathom said:

I do like how this is structured.  If he goes to Charlotte and gets destroyed, they don’t have to ever promote him and the cost is minimal.

All they are committing to right now is building him up in AAA for a few weeks.  TBH, it’s a no-brainer move even if you’re still pursuing something better.  Who isn’t to say we don’t suffer another injury in the next couple week.

• Like 3