TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Long live the LaRusstans!

Nah, just call it like I see it. I was critical in the game thread of decisions from TLR. I just find it funny he's the board boogeyman after every loss but never mentioned once during a 6 game win streak. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Nah, c'mon. You're not serious. Did he really say the D didn't cost us the game?  We gave them 30+ outs in 9 innings and probably another 30-40 pitches to play with. 

Yes he said that. https://www.mlb.com/news/white-sox-allow-six-run-rally-in-extra-innings-loss

“We didn't lose that game because of our defense,” La Russa said. “I disagree with that. They didn't have the cleanest game either, right? Just a tough, brutal loss for the home team.”

Whats extra ironic though is that they specifically lost this game because of one play on defense - Ramirez making a game saving play for the Guardians. I appreciated the irony.

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Tony la russa waiving the white flag in a two run game is amazing.

Especially facing Cole the following day. Some might say that would be something of a white flag itself, but we were *in* the game last night, until we weren't.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Tony La Russa is the guy who saves all of the health potions in a video game because he'll definitely need them later.

Then you finish the game with a completely full inventory after dying to the final boss 50 times.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I don't want to defend LaRussa, however, he has to be thinking about Keuchel and Velasquez getting shelled and needing arms for those starts. He obviously cant come out and say that so MAYBE that's part of the thinking here. You would hope so at least, but I wouldn't put it past him.

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I don't understand his logic here. We could have kept the damage to two runs and fought back from there. This organization needs some of that MJ and Kobe will to win. It seems like we believe we have our ticket punched to the ALCS and are already coasting. 

2 hours ago, T R U said:

I don't want to defend LaRussa, however, he has to be thinking about Keuchel and Velasquez getting shelled and needing arms for those starts. He obviously cant come out and say that so MAYBE that's part of the thinking here. You would hope so at least, but I wouldn't put it past him.

IF this was his thinking it is even worse. 

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

IF this was his thinking it is even worse. 

There's nothing wrong with thinking ahead, but it shouldn't come at the expense of trying to win the game you are currently playing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T R U said:

I don't really understand this point though; so he was saving his high leverage relievers for blow out situations in the next two games?

• Like 1

Thought this was one of the better posts on last night, from SoxMachine game comments...

"Banks was going to come in for the 8th until the Sox tied the game. I sit on the 3B side so I can see the bullpen very well. As soon as Moncada tied the game Kelly started warming up. Because Abreu and Roberts both grounded out on short AB’s, Kelly wasn’t warm when he came in. I’ve noticed that TLR never warms two guys at the same time. TLR didn’t plan for the possibility that the Sox would tie the game! And then had no one ready when Kelly walked Gonzalez other than Banks, who is a AAA pitcher at best.

Last, why oh why did Garcia cut off Anderson on Judge’s groundball to short? Yeah, they were shifted a bit, but if TA takes the ball he is running toward first, not away from it like Garcia and gets the out. Inning over. If you signed Harrison, why don’t you play him. Garcia is a versatile substitute, not an everyday guy.

I was at Monday’s meltdown and yesterday’s. This is a mediocre, undisciplined team. Roster construction is poor and on field management is worse."

Dick Allen (poster obviously) responded by saying he didn't buy the excuse that Kelly wasn't properly warmed up because of the higher temps at the ballpark last night. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, FoxForce2 said:

Especially facing Cole the following day. Some might say that would be something of a white flag itself, but we were *in* the game last night, until we weren't.

TLR is a total embarrassment of a manager.  He doesn’t maximize the resources he has available during games.  You need to play to win todays game when it is still winnable, worry about tomorrow,tomorrow.  The bullpen moves in the 8 th. we’re inexplicable.

Edited by hankchifan
Spelling
  • Love 3

On 5/10/2022 at 1:13 AM, KrankinSox said:

Nah, just call it like I see it. I was critical in the game thread of decisions from TLR. I just find it funny he's the board boogeyman after every loss but never mentioned once during a 6 game win streak. 

What? The White Sox win DESPITE TLR, not because of him. Of course you don't hear anything when we win. He's so far down the list of reasons we win, he's not worth mentioning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tony La Russa is by far the worst manager amongst all the competing teams.

We sat through a 5-6 year rebuild only for Jerry Reinsdorf to ruin it with this hire.  

TLR is incompetent, unlikable, clueless, and has cost this team far more wins in a year plus than he has won.  And that is what we were promised.  It's been nothing of that.

• Like 7

Of course I hated the hire. I was happy when Hawl fired him in 1986. But he hooked up with Oakland when they were ready to win and won with them, then when they got bad he was able to move to perhaps the best run team in baseball for more than a decade, and got tons of accolades for that. The question I have is he has been back in the White Sox dugout for around 200 games, can you think of 1 time the HOF baseball person schooled his counterpart? I can't 

• Like 5