TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

7 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I guess you missed the wild pitch that opened up first base. When there was a runner on first they pitched to him. 

Putting them in the same situation as if he just put him on to begin with, but a 1-2 count ? There he is trying to do what no other would do to try to look smart. He should be fired. JR will probably never have any idea how much money bringing him back cost him and his heirs. But I bet it will wind up being more than any contract he has doled out. This team was primed to be the toast of baseball for years. Now they only make headlines when their past the expiration date manager says or does something stupid.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Not that I didn't expect it, but it's more concerning that Tony is doubling down and genuinely thinks he was right.

That’s always been his MO. He’s smarter than everyone else. Just because it blew up in his face means nothing. The only time the result actually matters is when it goes in his favor. He’s an ego maniac.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Putting them in the same situation as if he just put him on to begin with, but a 1-2 count ? There he is trying to do what no other would do to try to look smart. He should be fired. JR will probably never have any idea how much money bringing him back cost him and his heirs. But I bet it will wind up being more than any contract he has doled out. This team was primed to be the toast of baseball for years. Now they only make headlines when their past the expiration date manager says or does something stupid.

Hiring La Russa to manage a young, exciting ball club that had a chance to take over the city will forever go down as one of the worst decisions in baseball history.  That and refusing to seriously pursue Bryce Harper when there was little competition for him.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

The highlight was him asking if they knew what Turner hits with 2 strikes. And then what Muncy hits against lefties. As if he actually knew...

Because the answer to those questions says....you pitch to Turner.

Maybe TLR will drunk drive tonight at the White Sox charity event and end our misery.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I've disliked guys like Matt Nagy and Jeremy Colliton but I'm not sure I've ever hated a Chicago coach/manager like this asshole

Trestman was right up there in regards to in over his head, and completely incompetent... but Trestman wasn't as smug and douchey as Tony. Tony may take the crown.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Trestman was right up there in regards to in over his head, and completely incompetent... but Trestman wasn't as smug and douchey as Tony. Tony may take the crown.

Exactly. Trestman was completely lost and mopey at the end; he wasn't even close to being a decent football coach. This loser, on the other hand, thinks he's doing a good job

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I'm just glad we watched years of below average baseball, followed by years of tanking, to be taught the right way to manage a baseball game.

Wasn't there a quote right when he was hired about how he thinks todays players have a lot to learn? I wonder how Max Muncy feels about that today.

• Like 3

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Wasn't there a quote right when he was hired about how he thinks todays players have a lot to learn? I wonder how Max Muncy feels about that today.

We were told TLR was brought in as a finisher, to take the next step and essentially to sand off the rough edges to make a contender into someone to be contended with. The team plays dumber baseball than they did two years ago.

Katz is the only one that I care shows up to work tomorrow. 

La Russa was hired to fix the issues that a young, talented core had. No one can reasonably argue they look like a better, more disciplined team than the one that lost to Oakland.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

We were told TLR was brought in as a finisher, to take the next step and essentially to sand off the rough edges to make a contender into someone to be contended with. The team plays dumber baseball than they did two years ago.

Katz is the only one that I care shows up to work tomorrow. 

La Russa was hired to fix the issues that a young, talented core had. No one can reasonably argue they look like a better, more disciplined team than the one that lost to Oakland.

The defense is worse now than it was when Tony was hired. 

The offense wasn't better last year than it was in 2020. It's not even worth comparing for this year. 

The only thing that's improved since 2020 is the pitching and Katz is probably responsible for most of that. 

I can't believe I actually miss Rick Renteria as manager. You know, the guy who experimented with Carlos Rodon as a reliever with the division on the line. The guy who probably broke Jimmy Cordero's elbow. The guy who loaded the bases to pitch to Christian Yelich. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 3

If the Phillies aren’t a smack in the face wake up call for what firing a manager that doesn’t connect with the players can do I’m not sure anything will be. Now 7-0 since firing Girardi. I have 0 doubt the team would absolutely perk up and get better without TLR 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

#1 headline at ESPN right now

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34066154/white-sox-manager-tony-la-russa-said-decision-intentionally-walk-trea-turner-1-2-count-tough-call

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

That’s always been his MO. He’s smarter than everyone else. Just because it blew up in his face means nothing. The only time the result actually matters is when it goes in his favor. He’s an ego maniac.

No TLR is the classic Narcissist. Always smarter than everyone else, never take responsibility for being wrong, when they are exposed for being wrong they get very mad and defensive and gaslight like crazy.

• Like 5

Was busy working all day and thought by the box score that, oh man, Burger had a rough error and then the bullpen did it.

Then MLB app was like "you gotta see this shit that La Russia did."

Dude is only a Hall of Fame baseball person because of steroids and prime Albert Pujols.

• Like 4