Giolito leaves with injury, being evaluated

southsider2k5

56 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I'm prepared to hear that this will be a 6 week injury. Anything less will be a pleasant surprise.

I’m in the same boat.  I’m expecting it to be more than a minor day to day thing.  It would be our luck after all. 

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's gonna be a rough April

Get his ass on the IL then and get another arm up here. Sox need to find a way to find another starter or two that is stretched out and isn’t complete trash asap. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Hopefully that's all it is a start or 2 missed. I really don't want to redo last season with the "Next Man Up" war cry or the Mt. Rushmore collage of faces that kept growing all year to injuries.

Last year it was position players, this year it's pitchers. We've lost 3 big arms in a span of about 2 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Last year it was position players, this year it's pitchers. We've lost 3 big arms in a span of about 2 weeks. 

Stoney was saying there will be an unprecedented amount of injuries to pitchers this season because of the short ST. "Spring training is for the pitchers not the hitters."

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Get his ass on the IL then and get another arm up here. Sox need to find a way to find another starter or two that is stretched out and isn’t complete trash asap. 

Get Yamamoto in here for a couple starts. He’s in DFA limbo. 

• Like 1

I guess it's because of what has happened with injuries for the last few years, I expected 6-8 weeks.  If it's 2-4 starts, that should be OK.  TLR will need to "eat" some games and not burn pen. 

One thing that makes me not pessimistic right now is, I agree with Stone.  This April/early May is going to be a fiasco for most teams.  There are going to be crazy games with non-MLB pitchers.  Best case for Sox is they get healthy by early May.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoxFan562004 said:

I guess it's because of what has happened with injuries for the last few years, I expected 6-8 weeks.  If it's 2-4 starts, that should be OK.  TLR will need to "eat" some games and not burn pen. 

One thing that makes me not pessimistic right now is, I agree with Stone.  This April/early May is going to be a fiasco for most teams.  There are going to be crazy games with non-MLB pitchers.  Best case for Sox is they get healthy by early May.  

Agreed, but the frustrating/scary thing is there’s no limit to how many of your guys can get injured.  Sox have already had some huge pieces get hurt...it doesn’t mean they’re safe from now on.  If our opponents stay healthy for the next few weeks, nearly every pitching matchup is going to see the Sox at a disadvantage.  I would argue the Sox have the worst pitching in the division currently.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Agreed, but the frustrating/scary thing is there’s no limit to how many of your guys can get injured.  Sox have already had some huge pieces get hurt...it doesn’t mean they’re safe from now on.  If our opponents stay healthy for the next few weeks, nearly every pitching matchup is going to see the Sox at a disadvantage.  I would argue the Sox have the worst pitching in the division currently.

Oh, I agree, it's frustrating as hell.  It's why I said "not pessimistic" and not "optimistic" 😁

Edited by SoxFan562004