Giolito leaves with injury, being evaluated

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

It sounds like it might not be too bad. Maybe like what 2-3 starts?

Better than 6-8 weeks for sure.

This could literally be 1 missed start. Give him a couple extra days off, then do a throwing day in Chicago. If he can do a couple throwing days without pain then by pulling him out we avoided anything serious and you can try again.

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This could literally be 1 missed start. Give him a couple extra days off, then do a throwing day in Chicago. If he can do a couple throwing days without pain then by pulling him out we avoided anything serious and you can try again.

Yes. It doesn't sound too bad if they debated about doing the IL stint. Better to be over cautious this early in the season.

So, if in fact DFA candidate Vince Velasquez is the OD starter, this really sticks in your craw as a fan. 

And every fucking time you want to "let go" of the myriad shitty things that this FO does, something else pops up to remind us of how incompetent they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

So, if in fact DFA candidate Vince Velasquez is the OD starter, this really sticks in your craw as a fan. 

And every fucking time you want to "let go" of the myriad shitty things that this FO does, something else pops up to remind us of how incompetent they are.

Pretty tough losing your top two SP’s the first couple weeks of the season for any team not named the Dodgers.

6 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Pretty tough losing your top two SP’s the first couple weeks of the season for any team not named the Dodgers.

Indeed.

Losing your top 2 SPs, plus giving away your 3rd best SP from a year ago is how you have Vince Fucking Velasquez as your OD starter.

Signing pre-injured and 33 year old Joe Kelly is how you end up with Crick shitting his pants.

But, "let it go," right? Stop "whining " and "complaining," because they traded for Moncada years ago, I guess.

• Fire 1

36 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Best news of the day is the GIO's injury is not serious. Now let's go get a W

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Dodger's rotation is very thin, they have nothing after their top 3, if they lost their top 2 they'd be in the conversation for worst in the league. Probably their biggest weakness. Andrew Heaney is their 4th SP.

Edited by OmarComing25
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Good thing the FO didn't think adding a quality SP was a good idea. Go team!

I'm sure they did but some of those contracts are ridiculous and high risk when with aging guys.  Look at the money Scherzer got. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Rodon 5ip 3h 2bb 1er 12k today in his first start in a Giants uniform.  

Good thing we retained him!

I mean, good thing we got a comp pick back for him!

I mean, uh, Vince Velasquez is going to be a stud!

Tell me how rodon looks by end of may. A betting man will take the over on IL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Tell me how rodon looks by end of may. A betting man will take the over on IL

How does that work ?  If you take the over does that mean he'll be hurt before May 31st ? Sounds like taking the under to me if you think he'll be hurt before then. And what kind of injury is considered hurt ? The thing people don't trust is his shoulder or elbow. If he stubs his toe and misses 2 starts does that count ? I mean if people are going to start screaming I told you so, it better be because or his arm and not much else.

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

How does that work ?  If you take the over does that mean he'll be hurt before May 31st ? Sounds like taking the under to me if you think he'll be hurt before then. And what kind of injury is considered hurt ? The thing people don't trust is his shoulder or elbow. If he stubs his toe and misses 2 starts does that count ? I mean if people are going to start screaming I told you so, it better be because or his arm and not much else.

As opposed to the people who are currently saying I told you so that the Sox should have signed him because he had a good start and the Sox had injuries to the staff?

If they are allowed to scream I told you so now, those who didn't want him can scream that later. Fair is fair .