GAMETHREAD 4/10/22: Sox vs Tigers (Kopech vs Skubal) 12:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Crazy hypothetical, and not one I am necessary advocating for with this post, but what is Eloy worth in trade?

If Eloy could bring back a LH RF and a starter, do you pull the trigger?

He's got decent trade value cause his contract is pretty cheap. But I don't see us ever trading him unless he has a continuation of 2021 this year. I'm sure some team that believes in launch angle think they can unlock his true HR potential. 

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Crazy hypothetical, and not one I am necessary advocating for with this post, but what is Eloy worth in trade?

If Eloy could bring back a LH RF and a starter, do you pull the trigger?

I don't 

There was a thread here last year asking who would be the most productive hitter in the long run for the Sox.  I said Eloy.  It could be Robert but I still think its Eloy imo.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

He's got decent trade value cause his contract is pretty cheap. But I don't see us ever trading him unless he has a continuation of 2021 this year. I'm sure some team that believes in launch angle think they can unlock his true HR potential. 

The right hitting coach could absolutely get Eloy to start pulling the ball more and hitting fewer GB's. Hopefully the Sox are smart enough to eventually hire someone like that.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Contract and untapped potential has to be enticing.  I don’t know if it’s enough to snag pieces at the positions we need though. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

The right hitting coach could absolutely get Eloy to start pulling the ball more and hitting fewer GB's. Hopefully the Sox are smart enough to eventually hire someone like that.

Menechino is probably good for a guy like Robert who had a bad hit tool. But Eloy is a natural hitter. He doesn't need someone to tell him to swing more controlled. He needs to go up there like Javy Baez and look to destroy the ball in the air. 

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Remember when Phil Rogers said we should trade him for Manaea?

Nothing beats "it starts with Dylan Cease" when Rahimi was talking about Joc last year... it's unfair, I know,  but that was so bad she lost all credibility to me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

Do Ws still operate this way now that more starters are only going 4-5 innings fairly often? I thought I had heard about the rule being changed to the scorekeeper's discretion.

How about we just eliminate the W/L pitcher stat altogether?

• Fire 1