Apple TV plus

Harold's Leg Lift

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That article has too many words and I don't know how to read.

Jason and Steve made it seem like it would be free to register and to watch these games (I assume you have to pay for the rest of the content and this is Apple's attempt to lure you in).

Is this correct? Is it free to create an account and watch?

This is so annoying. Liam will always have a special place in my heart for using his time with the commish to ask for the end of blackouts so we can just get mlbtv and not be shuffled around forty streaming services.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, bmags said:

This is so annoying. Liam will always have a special place in my heart for using his time with the commish to ask for the end of blackouts so we can just get mlbtv and not be shuffled around forty streaming services.

Seriously.  I already have MLBtv.  I subscribe to youtubeTV mostly just for Sox games.  Why the hell do I need to add another service to see all the games.  I get that its easy and free.  That doesn't mean is isn't still annoying.  

And to Harold's bar comment, what a great way to make sure that these games aren't on in any bar or restaurant.  

• Like 2

So I just added Apple TV to our Roku TV. I found tonight's game. It's listed under Apple TV+ which means the subscription is required, but it also says it's free for a limited time so it looks like we can get tonight's game without subscribing; but by the time we get to the May 6 game against the other Sox, a subscription might be required. I'll sign up for the free trial for that game. Then for the June 17 game I'll have one of my parents sign up for a free trial.

54 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Apple ID are free if you want one, and they are offering 3 months Apple TV free if you want it 

Apple fucking sucks. I wouldn't have one if it wasn't for MLB. I just went through a half hour loop of password resets, security questions and 2FAs that I don't get with any other service. Fuck Apple.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Apple fucking sucks. I wouldn't have one if it wasn't for MLB. I just went through a half hour loop of password resets, security questions and 2FAs that I don't get with any other service. Fuck Apple.

That's 100% why Apple bought exclusive rights to games.

50 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Seriously.  I already have MLBtv.  I subscribe to youtubeTV mostly just for Sox games.  Why the hell do I need to add another service to see all the games.  I get that its easy and free.  That doesn't mean is isn't still annoying.  

And to Harold's bar comment, what a great way to make sure that these games aren't on in any bar or restaurant.  

and add to that when I just had cable I didn't have to deal every six months with threats that the regional sports networks would fall off. 2 or so years ago it really did feel like this was all a consumer benefit, and now...it reallllly does not. (blah blah all the extra content etc)

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Might have been better to prepare for his first three save opportunities…as he has about as much influence as the new Starbucks and Amazon union drives.  Oh well, small starts can lead to big things later.

“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”   RFK, 1966, South Africa

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bmags said:

and add to that when I just had cable I didn't have to deal every six months with threats that the regional sports networks would fall off. 2 or so years ago it really did feel like this was all a consumer benefit, and now...it reallllly does not. (blah blah all the extra content etc)

It's so fragmented any more. It's gotten awful.

45 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Might have been better to prepare for his first three save opportunities…as he has about as much influence as the new Starbucks and Amazon union drives.  Oh well, small starts can lead to big things later.

“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”   RFK, 1966, South Africa

please internalize more.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yes, but have you also considered that Liam Hendriks has the Infinity Gauntlet? He has power unfathomable in his grasp - but it would kill him to use. He knows what it is to have power over trillions and is asking Manfred and his power over millions of MLB.TV subscribers to make life easier.

"I ignored my destiny once, I can not do that again." - Liam Hendriks when meeting the commissioner, thinking about MLB.TV