GT 4/15: Rays @ SOX, 6:10 PM CT, Apple TV+

I don't care if this sounds sexist, a woman calling a MLB game makes it sound like a college softball game. 

I really wouldn't mind seeing Bummer gone from this team.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Yikes. Also how did these two get broadcasting gigs? Or are we just spoiled with stoney and Jason?

There are people here who complain about Stoney and Jason but then also complain about every national broadcast. But agreed, we really are spoiled.

• Like 2

Just now, ptatc said:

Pulling Cease was the correct call.

nah, they weren't asking Cease to pitch another inning, only 1 batter.  I would agree if they were sending him back out for another inning but give him the final out, he just Kd the last guy he faced

This is on Tony and Bummer

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, priznr said:

i've been saying bummer sucks for 3 years now.  many still think he's got great potential.

A ball that Robert should have caught and a lucky bounce of the first base bag.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

nah, they weren't asking Cease to pitch another inning, only 1 batter.  I would agree if they were sending him back out for another inning but give him the final out, he just Kd the last guy he faced

This is on Tony and Bummer

he was cruising. I don't understand how another 4-7 pitches would have hurt him. He was lathered up and in a zone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

High leverage LH reliever is very high on the list of needs for this team

Bummer isn't gonna be dependable until he finds the zone more consistently with his sinker. 

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

he was cruising. I don't understand how another 4-7 pitches would have hurt him. He was lathered up and in a zone.

If they let him do it every game then it adds up too much. This early it was the correct call.

Just now, chw42 said:

Choi's hit had a .930 xBA. Robert coming close to catching that should tell you just how much range he covers. He's just not real good around the wall and warning track though. 

ball was crushed let's be real. it was a decent attempt but typical robert at the wall almost.

3 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I don't care if this sounds sexist, a woman calling a MLB game makes it sound like a college softball game. 

I really wouldn't mind seeing Bummer gone from this team.

This surprises me, especially from you of all posters.