GT 4/15: Rays @ SOX, 6:10 PM CT, Apple TV+

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Choi's hit had a .930 xBA. Robert coming close to catching that should tell you just how much range he covers. He's just not real good around the wall and warning track though. 

xBA doesn't have anything to do with how likely a defender is going to make a play. It is only a measure of exit velocity and launch angle and doesn't take into account where the ball lands on the field. Diaz's grounder had a .160 xBA but it doesn't mean Abreu should have made the play.

Edited by TomPickle

6 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

They can call their female sports leagues, just stop butting in on EVERYTHING.

See, this shit is why we can't have actual conversations about women announcers. We've gone from a completely legitimate "this particular woman sucks at announcing" to "separate but also unequal" in like 4 posts.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

is this a tampa bay broadcast? sheesh

No it's the apple team. The female is the play by play person for the Orioles.

The male is Chris Young, ex Sox farm hand.

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

xBA doesn't have anything to do with how likely a defender is going to make a play. It is only a measure of exit velocity and launch angle and doesn't take into account where the ball lands on the field. Diaz's grounder had a .160 xBA but it doesn't mean Abreu should have made they play.

I realize that, but I don't have access to catch probability stats so I gotta look at xBA and use my eyes to see if he really should have caught it. That ball was in the gap, so I don't think any regular CF gets to it. 

Lol TLR.  Bummer still being in right now is a fucking joke.

And this broadcast has to be one of the worst I've ever heard.  Take two of the best teams in the AL and put some amateur shitshow crew on it... lol.  This woman is awful.  I'm ok putting a woman on the broadcast, if she's worth a damn, but this one is a trainwreck.

Edited by ChiHawks10