GT 4/15: Rays @ SOX, 6:10 PM CT, Apple TV+

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Graveman looks great so far.

I think you were pretty vocal about his lack of a track record as a high leverage reliever, but I think the stuff his real. That movement he has on the fastball is unreal and his breaking ball is sharp and breaks quickly. It could go sideways of course, but I have bought in.

Cease was amazing

Burger carried the offense

Bullpen was nails outside of Bummer

I'm not real worried about only getting 3 runs considering we hit a ton of balls hard to the warning track. This easily could have been a 3 or 4 run win. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Baseball couldn’t even market the best player we will ever see in our lifetime in Mike Trout.

i think trout is hard to market.  he's not flashy at anything. and he's a to himself guy.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

1. Engel hasn't played a ton of cf since 2019. In 2020 he was well below average (sss) in cf. Last year he was even. Roberts route rates in cf have been better than engel every year. 

Of course they both catch more than they're supposed to. As I said, Engel is good. Robert is elite. 

Engel is great playing balls at the wall.  Robert has really improved on that after having trouble initially.  I still laugh at the initial scouting reports not being that impressed with Luis' defense....what did they not see?  Or did he improve that much?

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

1. Engel hasn't played a ton of cf since 2019. In 2020 he was well below average (sss) in cf. Last year he was even. Roberts route rates in cf have been better than engel every year. 

Of course they both catch more than they're supposed to. As I said, Engel is good. Robert is elite. 

LOL WTF why even bring up 2020 (sss) ? It was 2 attempts in CF. It was like 2020 (SSS) . Are you kidding me bringing that up ? That's just sad.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Engel is great playing balls at the wall.  Robert has really improved on that after having trouble initially.  I still laugh at the initial scouting reports not being that impressed with Luis' defense....what did they not see?  Or did he improve that much?

i think luis is over-rated as a cf'r.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

5-2 given the injuries is amazing.

And easily could've been 6-1 had Liam not blown those two leads on opening day vs the kitty cats.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I think you were pretty vocal about his lack of a track record as a high leverage reliever, but I think the stuff his real. That movement he has on the fastball is unreal and his breaking ball is sharp and breaks quickly. It could go sideways of course, but I have bought in.

Yes, very vocal about giving him a 3 year deal with no track record. I'll need to see more than a week obviously but he's looked fantastic 

• Like 1

disagree.  he's very good but his stats aren't any better (or as good) than several other cf'rs.    he's not the five tool guy many claim he is.  strong arm but not accurate, glove is shaky at times.       he's among the better outfielders .. but certainly not an elite.  sox fans just like to think he is.

• Haha 6

Just now, priznr said:

disagree.  he's very good but his stats aren't any better (or as good) than several other cf'rs.    he's not the five tool guy many claim he is.  strong arm but not accurate, glove is shaky at times.       he's among the better outfielders .. but certainly not an elite.  sox fans just like to think he is.

Nice troll job. 

• Thanks 1