GT 4/17: Rays at SOX, 1:10 CT, NBCSC

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Harrison is another guy that I don’t know how any scout could watch him the second half of last year and be like “we need this guy!”

He's been comfortably above replacement level once since 2018. The Sox will be in the same position at the deadline as last year where 2b is a massive position of need.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Harrison is another guy that I don’t know how any scout could watch him the second half of last year and be like “we need this guy!”

GettyImages-1342964154-e1633398664129-10

"Listen, I know it makes a lot of sense to try and acquire Ketel or Escobar, but hear me out.........what about Josh Harrison? ......Hello?"

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I just don't understand the reasoning behind signing a bunch of garbage bin players to 3-5m contracts instead of one good player and letting your minor leaguers fill the hole. Let Romy play 2nd and use the money from Josh Harrison and VV towards a better pitcher.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ron883 said:

I just don't understand the reasoning behind signing a bunch of garbage bin players to 3-5m contracts instead of one good player and letting your minor leaguers fill the hole. Let Romy play 2nd and use the money from Josh Harrison and VV towards a better pitcher.

Romy's hit tool isn't ready to play in the majors. They needed someone better than him, not that Harrison was the guy to do it