GT 4/19: Sox @ Guardians - Keuchel vs. Bieber - PPD rescheduled as a dbl hdr 4/20

ChiSox59

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

And two big injuries to start the season isn't helping that.

Hopefully, the fewer innings on the arm will allow far a better fresher pitcher at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Liam is tipping his pitches again.

Which could explain why his fastballs are getting destroyed. 

Second time this has been posted here… hopefully he still is browsing Soxtalk or someone in the organization told him already.

😆

We’ll find out soon enough… hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Second time this has been posted here… hopefully he still is browsing Soxtalk or someone in the organization told him already.

😆

Oops, I didn't catch the other thread. 

6 minutes ago, hi8is said:

😆

I think I heard the Australian F bomb all the way from Cleveland when he read that.

23 minutes ago, hi8is said:

😆

I would love if ANY Sox player made an account here and occasionally posted. How cool would that be? Although it would suck for Yoan, Leury, and April Abreu. 

4 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Our starters weren't gassed last year. We as a team struggled against teams playing well. We beat the bad teams though. 

The big problem was that to keep people fresh TLR kept drawing names out of a hat to see who would join Leury in the lineup. Come playoffs it was like a bunch of kids arriving at summer camp and playing their first game together.

Edited by SpringfieldFan

26 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I would love if ANY Sox player made an account here and occasionally posted. How cool would that be? Although it would suck for Yoan, Leury, and April Abreu. 

Wouldn’t be the first time it happened.

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Really? That's pretty cool. I wasn't here until 2019. I know Liam lurked(lurks) here but who actually made an account? 

I don’t recall but I know a player had an account and used to post. Might have been a guy who only made it to the team as a fringe Charlotte piece from what I recall.

Sure someone else here remembers but I don’t.

22 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I don’t recall but I know a player had an account and used to post. Might have been a guy who only made it to the team as a fringe Charlotte piece from what I recall.

Sure someone else here remembers but I don’t.

Brandon McCarthy posted when he was in the minors. So did Jeff Bajenaru.

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Brandon McCarthy posted when he was in the minors. So did Jeff Bajenaru.

Awesome. I know a good chunk of players post and interact to an extent with fans on Insta/Twitter/Etc. but to me an old school forum has a more direct and person to person atmosphere which is what I like about the format. 

Liam if you are reading this: We all love you. Come say hi we don't bite :)

3 hours ago, hi8is said:

Those were the ones I was struggling to recall.

The infamous Alex Cintron trade (Bajenaru)...well, at least Quentin and Eaton turned out well, those were a couple of NL trades that we clearly won.

Jeff Bajenaru is currently a pitching coach for the Hillsboro Hops, A level affiliate for the Diamondbacks.

(Just looking it up, another one from that era was Chris Young and El Duque's ghost and Luis Vizcaino to AZ for Javy V. and CASH after the World Series.  In 2007, it looked like Young would be a superstar, with 30 homers and 25 stolen bases.)

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

The infamous Alex Cintron trade (Bajenaru)...well, at least Quentin and Eaton turned out well, those were a couple of NL trades that we clearly won.

Jeff Bajenaru is currently a pitching coach for the Hillsboro Hops, A level affiliate for the Diamondbacks.

(Just looking it up, another one from that era was Chris Young and El Duque's ghost and Luis Vizcaino to AZ for Javy V. and CASH after the World Series.  In 2007, it looked like Young would be a superstar, with 30 homers and 25 stolen bases.)

Eight players listed that time… good job! 🙏😆

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1