4/20 Games

BamaDoc

Simas has 8 SO and 1 BB through 4.0 IP. Given up 2 runs. Dude should probably be in Winston Salem soon. Sounds like a 4 pitch mix guy, but has gotten a few gnarly swings on the slider. Curious what the fastball sits at.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

No radar gun here so I don't know how fast he was throwing. His breaking stuff doesn't look too overpowering. He seems to have great control. 

Yea. I'm kinda leaning towards pitchability guy that is feasting on younger kids. But what do I know.

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Ramos just smashed an RBI line drive single into that Greenville Drive wall in LF. Man he hits the ball hard.

Ramos simply won't stop hitting. Dude looks like a beast so far. I really hope he sticks at 3B and doesn't get traded. His bat looks special. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

I forgot all about the ZiPs top 100 prospect projections that spit him out at number 20.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/zips-2022-top-100-prospects/

Then there’s Bryan Ramos. ZiPS absolutely loved Ramos’ season and thought he was even unlucky from a BABIP standpoint. A .244/.345/.415 line for a 19-year-old infielder in a full-season league is solid, and his comps are a who’s who of interesting-ish prospects who developed power, like Jose Valentin and Dan Uggla. I’m not saying that he’s a slam-dunk — ZiPS also loved Arismendy Alcántara — but don’t completely forget his name. Especially since the White Sox didn’t do so well here otherwise.

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Yolbert is what we thought Nick Madrigal would be

Except for some reason Yolbert has a 25% walk rate to start the season. He also walked a bunch in the AFL I noticed. I hope they push him to Charlotte soon. Dude is 25.

• Like 5