White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I could absolutely believe that's a Pollock-like "he'll be out for at least a week so put him on the IL" situation.

I could see that. Hope not, but wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

I actually do think that's where media/hype plays into things. 

There was a weird feeling going into this year. Fans weren't excited like they should have been. Some of it had to do with the lockout, but a lot of it had to do with the feeling the Sox really didn't do anything to help the team. There wasn't all this buzz going into what should be billed as season with World Series hopes. It just didn't feel like that for whatever reason, and I think it shows. 

This is how I felt the morning before Opening Day. I was pretty excited for the lockout to end and see the rush of free agency moves, trades, etc. to bust down the door, and there was nothing. All the while, the rest of the Division was making moves here and there to better compete. I felt like Randy Quaid from Major League 2. And here we are now, two weeks into the season, and all those holes that we could have filled, but didn't, have already come back to bite us. Lynn and Giolito are hurt, forcing us to see Vince Velazquez, Dallas Kuechel and Jimmy Lambert start 6 of our first 12 games. A revolving door of crap in RF and 2B. We have to hear about Cleveland not being a "good matchup" because our right handed heavy lineup. All things we could have addressed and didn't. 

I don't even know if this post makes sense ... don't care to proof

• Like 5

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Fire should have been lit from day 1.

This organization is either arrogant or stupid......actually both.

The changed nothing in the offseason and are very baseball stupid. 

They’re worse, they don’t have their biggest difference maker from last year (first half Rodon)

43 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Turned if off, which I never do. This is just one of the series where we got outplayed, a million percent outmanaged, and it is what it is, now.

This series just showed we lack DEFENSE and will never win a championship until it improves.  Sorry Tim, you're really not that great at fielding, see ya Eloy, Harrison, and Bye bye Leury. and take Tony with you.  That may do it with Abreu set to retire or take a diminished role.

Just now, fathom said:

They’re worse, they don’t have their biggest difference maker from last year (first half Rodon)

Thank you for saying it. We aren't even the same team as last year, which was good enough to be competitive in a playoff series. We are in fact, worse! And currently, based on the injuries and lack of quality people to fill some spots ... much worse.

Lucky it was only 6-3. Guardians had runners on in every inning. Should have had a big inning in the fourth and didn't. Were behind this entire series. Cease had a bad day, and he shouldn't have come out for the sixth. Team doesn't know what a home run looks like. This game was only about three hours when it seemed like four.

5 minutes ago, QBBrian13 said:

Thank you for saying it. We aren't even the same team as last year, which was good enough to be competitive in a playoff series. We are in fact, worse! And currently, based on the injuries and lack of quality people to fill some spots ... much worse.

And we will stay like this under this Reinsdorf ownership group. TLR's good days are over and Hahn is just a puppet now in his job. Elite?  Then prove it!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I woke up Friday morning and was surprised to find the White Sox at .500 and in second place. And leading MLB in errors for good measure. But I do like this brand of coffee.

Seattle's Best is usually on some kind of sale in my area. Not a half-bad brew. I'm going with Dunkin for the most part though, both bean and ground.

Edited by FoxForce2

59 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

Seattle's Best is usually on some kind of sale in my area. Not a half-bad brew. I'm going with Dunkin for the most part though, both bean and ground.

I used to like Stewert's. I'd get a $4 can of it down here but then a few years ago it like tripled in price. It ain't *that* good...

1 hour ago, FoxForce2 said:

I’m currently trying a brand called Copper Moon and damn it’s good stuff. 

• Thanks 1