4/21 Games

BamaDoc

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Do you think his high strikeout rate is more related to approach or an inability to make contact?

From the games I've watched it's a bit of both. He swings at plenty of pitches off the plate, and he also seems to miss pitches in the zone as well. But I'd lean more towards column A than column B.

• Like 1

This is kinda scary to be so interested in the 30th ranked minor league system when we supposedly have the #3 team in baseball...well, it is what it is.

At least they didn't start out the season like this, like losing 3/4 in LA last year.   Being 6-2 game them some cushion to fall back and not be adversely impacted over the long term.

44 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Sanchez needs to go to Charlotte, and then hopefully to 35th and Shields to get a shot at 2B. 

They will inevitably give Harrison/Leury until at least late May, early June...if anything, they would still have Romy up over Yogurt in the depth chart.  Charlotte numbers don't mean all that much, unless on the extremely high or low side.

11 minutes ago, ron883 said:

He simply won't stop hitting. However, the dude is 25. Send his ass to AAA or call him up. 

It's bizarre the Sox are typically aggressive with most of their prospects yet are being so conservative with a lot of the older guys in AA. Yolbert is obviously the most notable one considering how well he's performing.

7 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

It's bizarre the Sox are typically aggressive with most of their prospects yet are being so conservative with a lot of the older guys in AA. Yolbert is obviously the most notable one considering how well he's performing.

I haven’t found them to be particularly aggressive under Getz.

7 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Yeah usually I’d say wait until June but he’s repeating this level. Likely related to Mendick and Burgers return soon, but Romy can play outfield, may even be wise to have him focus there for a bit.