Eloy Out 6-8 Weeks

Chick Mercedes

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

If Tony says that he isn’t out for the year… I’m preparing for him to be out the entire year.

Safe assumption. Dude tore his hammy. If he’s back it’ll be late, he’ll be out of shape, and will suck. It’s just reality. The last thing Eloy needed was another long absence. Eloys outlook unfortunately is never going to fully rebound. He’s an often injured DH with a world of offensive talent he’s unlikely to stay healthy long enough to tap into. It really fucking sucks, but this isn’t surprising. I jus thought it would happen playing LF.

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Safe assumption. Dude tore his hammy. If he’s back it’ll be late, he’ll be out of shape, and will suck. It’s just reality. The last thing Eloy needed was another long absence. Eloys outlook unfortunately is never going to fully rebound. He’s an often injured DH with a world of offensive talent he’s unlikely to stay healthy long enough to tap into. It really fucking sucks, but this isn’t surprising. I jus thought it would happen playing LF.

Yep. I forgot what I had nicknamed him but it was something like “Eloy The Glasshouse Jimenez”.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Eloy not busting it down the line cost the Sox an out on Friday night. It also potentially cost them the game, but the way way they are hitting, probably not. Now he does the right thing and bam. He is another guy you can count on to get hurt every season. TA should be having some leg issues soon.

I think nobody is talking about how he stepped on the bag. If he hits the front part of the bag like you are supposed to do when running to 1st he is probably fine

• Heads22 changed the title to Eloy Out 6-8 Weeks
5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Where are we getting 6-8 weeks?

If it's a grade 2 hamstring tear, it's painful but likely doesn't require surgery.  Not a medial expert but this seems about right.  If I recall, Madrigal's was grade 3.  Madrigal couldn't get up on his own.  Eloy was at least able to get up on his own before being carted.   We will almost certainly get him before the All Star break.

11 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You just better hope that the last few days when Vaughn collided with infielders doesn't become habitual. If that was Eloy we never would've heard the end of it. With Vaughn it's mostly crickets.

It's simple, really.

One guy has more melanin than the other guy. The more melanin you have, the less "benefit of the doubt" you seem to get over here.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete