Benetti doing MLB Sunday Peacock Games

Buehrle>Wood

I like that major broadcasters keep hiring Benetti to call games and some Sox fans are like "this guy sucks, take him away!"

Benetti rocks. Happy for him that he gets more national exposure and glad the Sox have him paired with Stoney, who is a good balance with him.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Quin said:

I like that major broadcasters keep hiring Benetti to call games and some Sox fans are like "this guy sucks, take him away!"

Benetti rocks. Happy for him that he gets more national exposure and glad the Sox have him paired with Stoney, who is a good balance with him.

Jason would be perfect if it wasn't for Jeff Vucavich.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Quin said:

I was with you up until the Steve Stone part.  If you listen to Jason with literally anyone else, it is a MUCH better broadcast.  Jason is literally one of the best in the business and makes baseball, football, and basketball sound great.  He needs a new baseball partner in Chicago though.  I mean how bad is it when he even sounds better with Bill Walton, than with Steve Stone?

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I was with you up until the Steve Stone part.  If you listen to Jason with literally anyone else, it is a MUCH better broadcast.  Jason is literally one of the best in the business and makes baseball, football, and basketball sound great.  He needs a new baseball partner in Chicago though.  I mean how bad is it when he even sounds better with Bill Walton, than with Steve Stone?

I realize that I am in the minority here, but that whole Bill Walton shtick was cringeworthy....I muted it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I don't understand the dislike of Jason Benetti.  He's excellent at calling games, and as someone else pointed out, he's even better working with someone other than Stone.  I like them together, but their schtick gets a little annoying, especially when games are going bad.  There's a reason he's being hired to do a lot of national games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Maybe it's a great testament to Jason in that case, because I enjoy him with Stone. I just know that half the time when I listen to other broadcasts I either am bored to death or want to rip my eardrums out (looking mostly at Rex Hudler in KC). 

I hate that I can't get Mets broadcasts on MLB.TV living in NYC, because those are amazing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Maybe it's a great testament to Jason in that case, because I enjoy him with Stone. I just know that half the time when I listen to other broadcasts I either am bored to death or want to rip my eardrums out (looking mostly at Rex Hudler in KC). 

I hate that I can't get Mets broadcasts on MLB.TV living in NYC, because those are amazing.

Who calls the Mets games?

I think I like boring. I want announcers to basically be background noise so I can watch the game and not pull my hair out. So I’m left watching mostly on mute…or not watching at all. I know I’ll never like Benetti and I’ve thought Stone is annoying for like 38 years now. 

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

I think I like boring. I want announcers to basically be background noise so I can watch the game and not pull my hair out. So I’m left watching mostly on mute…or not watching at all. I know I’ll never like Benetti and I’ve thought Stone is annoying for like 38 years now. 

Well when it was going really bad, having Hawk as the announcer was sometimes like having it on mute.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

This! Whenever I put on the other games the announcers are really boring. Steve and Jason have great banter. But to each their own.

1 hour ago, KipWellsFan said:

This! Whenever I put on the other games the announcers are really boring. Steve and Jason have great banter. But to each their own.

It's nice that some people get it.  It's all about personal taste and I realize I am in the minority when it comes to Benetti.  I don't feel like someone is crazy for liking to listen to him announce sporting events.  I guess I missed the rule that if major broadcasters want an individual to announce games you have to like them.

I find Jason and Steve to be very entertaining together, and I also think Jason is very good on college football games for ESPN.

Interesting that Jason made a deal with NBC. They are moving Mike Tirico from ND to the NFL and are going to need a new guy to do ND games. Could this be a path for him to that job?

This Sunday's game will be on NBC broadcast in addition to Peacock, so you don't have to have a Peacock subscription to watch the Sox until August 21 at Cleveland. Peacock subscriptions are free with an Xfinity cable package.

Will be weird having Jason be a "neutral announcer" for a national game.