AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Kelly pushes that whole Ruiz/Severino/Sousa/Foster crowd down an inning at least.

Yes, if we can manage to get this staff healthy I'm actually pretty excited about it.  Clearly the #5 starter leaves something to be desired, but this is very workable, just score some runs please.

1 - Lynn

2 - Gio

3 - Cease

4 - Kopech

5 - Cueto/Keuchel

LRP - Cueto/Keuchel/VV

LRP - Reylo

MRP/Lefty - Banks

MRP - Burr/Foster/Ruiz/Severino/Sousa

MRP - Bummer

SU - Kelly

SU - Graveman

CP - Liam

I apologize for ripping Vaughn a bit the other day. I've always 'liked' him as a prospect. I made a mistake regarding my recent 'eye test' on Vaughn. Today's eye test was awesome. Just the fact he had the great baserunning play to go with the bomb and double make my eyes dance in happiness. I'm sure Tony will find room for him in the lineup almost EVERY DAY the rest of the season. He deserves that kind of playing time to get his career well under way.

Cease looks for real (I know he's been good before), the bullpen was fine and Burger just might be getting comfortable at the plate to where Tony needs to find him a lot of at bats. I can see why the people wish Moncada could move to second and have Burger's bat in there at third, ending the bizarre Harrison experiment/acquisition. I can see why Moncada would not want this move.

WInning is everything; nice win finally over a pathetic KCR team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Nothing like April baseball except night games. Vaughn is elite Go Sox. 

Getting ready to read the game thread. I'm assuming Vaughn got roasted for that bloop to left that fell in as the Sox were blowing the 3-0 lead. 

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Getting ready to read the game thread. I'm assuming Vaughn got roasted for that bloop to left that fell in as the Sox were blowing the 3-0 lead. 

Nope all unicorns and lollipops in that entire gamethread....at least that i remember....I might have missed some stuff though 

Just read the game thread. To the fans credit Vaughn did not get hammered badly. More Tony/Hahn for having so many DHs on the team. I love me some Vaughn but I'd like to ask the Sox front office why they never put guys in positions they are unfamiliar with during their time in the minors? That's the time to teach some of these guys new positions. Sox have a terrible organization.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

Burger continues to impress! So proud of him, his work ethic is special and we're seeing the results.

Hope Moncada enjoys Charlotte. If Burger keeps this up Moncada might be there awhile

Yoan is a far better player than Burger. But if Jake keeps hitting like this he’s got a spot on this team. Isn’t gonna be 3B tho. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yoan is a far better player than Burger. But if Jake keeps hitting like this he’s got a spot on this team. Isn’t gonna be 3B tho. 

I hate the Sox always playing people out of position but it sure would be great if Burger can play a decent 2B.  When Yoan comes back I say give Burger a shot there and let him play every day for about a week to ten days and evaluate if he looks like he can play a decent 2B.  But if he looks like a potential disaster (like Sheets in RF bad) or he can't turn a DP, then get him out of there and go back to Josh Harris at 2B and let Burger share time with Sheets & Abreu at DH/1B and spell Moncada at 3B when he needs some time off.

8 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I hate the Sox always playing people out of position but it sure would be great if Burger can play a decent 2B.  When Yoan comes back I say give Burger a shot there and let him play every day for about a week to ten days and evaluate if he looks like he can play a decent 2B.  But if he looks like a potential disaster (like Sheets in RF bad) or he can't turn a DP, then get him out of there and go back to Josh Harris at 2B and let Burger share time with Sheets & Abreu at DH/1B and spell Moncada at 3B when he needs some time off.

What in god's name makes you think Burger can play a decent 2B? There's literally no examples of a guy his profile playing it in the last 30 years that I can remember. Nobody moves from a mediocre to bad 3B and suddenly becomes a solid 2B, not at the MLB level. It's not like he's 21 anymore either he's pretty developed physically.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What in god's name makes you think Burger can play a decent 2B? There's literally no examples of a guy his profile playing it in the last 30 years that I can remember. Nobody moves from a mediocre to bad 3B and suddenly becomes a solid 2B, not at the MLB level. It's not like he's 21 anymore either he's pretty developed physically.

Max Muncy?

Just now, CeaseAndExist said:

Max Muncy?

yea that's the best case. plays 30 games a year there and is such a good bat you tolerate the AA level defense. I like Jake, he has a spot in MLB which is crazy after what he's went through but he's not a full time 2B, he's barely a backup corner IF guy right now.

23 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's crazy how quick Vaughn is to the ball. His problem is 100% with pitch recognition and if ever gets that figured out look out. Even if he only sorta does he should be a good run producer.

Did you look at his swing chart? Its all elite including chase rate

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yeah you're probably right.  I'm just going by the reports that the Sox were working him out at 2B.  Like I said, I hate that the Sox are always playing people out of position.  They should have went out and got a bona fide major league starting 2B and RFer this offseason but alas, here we are.  Another option would be move Moncada, an excellent defensive 3B to back 2B where he was pretty mediocre defensively in the past and keep Burger at 3B to keep his bat in the lineup and hope he develops further both as a hitter and on defense.  Otherwise they're stuck with wasting Burger while playing Leury and Harris at 2B.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Did you look at his swing chart? Its all elite including chase rate

I'm not even talking chase rate as much as punishing pitches in the zone via such a powerful and on balance swing. If he gets a hanging slider first pitch from some RHP reliever hit that shit into the bleachers more often than not and make them throw fastballs.

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yeah, he does not project as a second baseman at all. Good post. He will be an unmitigated disaster at 2B. Now Moncada is different. He could play 2B. I wonder if he'd take one for the team. He's a fantastic third baseman but it'd be nice to have Burger's bat in the lineup instead of the lousy current options for 2B slot. Are there any second basemen out there the Sox could pick up off waivers soon? Anybody but Harrison at 2B is my motto right now, even Leury.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2