GAMETHREAD 4/28/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Keller vs Kopech) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

Just now, fathom said:

It’s possible if this snowballs and they have a few more serious injuries.

Famous last words and all of that, but the lineup is too talented to underperform like this for an entire season. Robert, Abreu, Grandal, & Pollock are all going to be good going forward. I think it's fair to question their depth (I have been doing so for 2 years and won't be stopping anytime soon) but the lineup will produce and there's enough pitching talent to make sure that doesn't bottom out either.

But I also don't think they're a lock for 90+ wins like most on here would have thought 10 days ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

For a guy who gets all the credit fot "inventing" one inning relievers, LaRussa sure gets burned a lot leaving one inning guys in for an extra inning. 

And using Graveman for two innings left them way short today

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Are the Sox about to lose 90+ games? 

If they aren't going to make the playoffs, I would rather them lose 90 games versus missing the playoffs by a game.  If this isn't going to work, I want there to be no choice over the status of Tony LaRussa.

• Like 3

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Famous last words and all of that, but the lineup is too talented to underperform like this for an entire season. Robert, Abreu, Grandal, & Pollock are all going to be good going forward. I think it's fair to question their depth (I have been doing so for 2 years and won't be stopping anytime soon) but the lineup will produce and there's enough pitching talent to make sure that doesn't bottom out either.

But I also don't think they're a lock for 90+ wins like most on here would have thought 10 days ago.

Three of those guys could easily be on the wrong side of the age spectrum

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

If the Sox suck this year Jason is going to be insufferable. I mean I already think he is, but my opinion will spread to half this forum or more. He's a total water carrier.

Yeah agreed. Like him so much more at Appalachian State, mid December obscure bowl games and with Robbie Hummel.