Abreu 2023

Jnooch

1 hour ago, GREEDY said:

Unless it is a team friendly deal it will be time to move on.

We are not a "loveable loser" franchise.  Our fans show up/watch/consume when we are winning.  Can't waste even a penny on sentimental value. 

Tell that to ol' Jerry

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

You act like because the Sox lack starting depth, Keuchel is going pitch every 3 days.

You're not a very smart guy (as your post history has indicated to us all) but let's do some REAL simple math. 

If Keuchle makes 30 starts in 2022, and averages 5 innings....that gives us...drumroll please.....150 innings pitched! Now, as we know, he needs to hit 160 to have his option vest. 

So far this season, Keuchel has made 3 starts, and has gone 4 IP, 1 IP, and 5 IP. He's also sporting a 9 ERA at the moment. 

Now, if Keuchel is as bad as you think he's going to be (and why should we assume you think anything more than him being the anti-christ based on your disdain for almost everything related to the White Sox) how the fuck do you envision him getting to 160 IP, even with the lack of starting depth. Again....he's not taking the ball every 3rd day. We're also assuming he's going to stay healthy the entire season which....doesn't seem like great odds given the rest of the Sox injury history. 

Lastly, without looking it up, 20 million for a pitcher may be the highest salary in White Sox history for a pitcher. You really believe if the Sox have a choice in the matter (which they 1000% do,) they're going to pay that to Keuchel in 2023? You're out of your fucking mind.

Hey, you really know how to make a guy feel welcome. I appreciate you.

So, to your engaging screed about how I own your mind, I say:

1. "Keuchle" threw 162 IP a year ago, WITH Rodon and a healthy Lynn in the rotation. How many IP will he HAVE TO throw with Vince Velasquez and other AAAA types in the roster?

2. "Keuchle" has an xERA in the threes, and most importantly,

3. Who's gonna take the ball when VV is DFA'ed, and/or other SPs underperform or are injured?

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Your constant fat-shaming of Lance Lynn would be funnier if he wasn't a multiple-time all-star who's made over 65 million dollars in his career.....while your fat ass sits in front of a computer and posts on a White Sox message board. 

Indeed. You know me well.

When I provided you and your family a blanket of freedom in the Marines, I had to be fit. Whats more, it was a bad thing for one of our fellow Marines to be out of shape, because it made my job and others' jobs more dangerous and difficult.

My view on fitness remains the same as it was back then. If you're using your body to make a living, take care of it. Eat vegetables. Do your cardio. Keep your weight manageable. 

I've not seen that commitment from Lynn so far. Have you?

26 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Let me add my voices to yours, stating that I have no interest in Keuchel remaining here. But let's write out what the rest of the rotation looks like, and the gambles this team is taking:

1. Giolito & Cease are TJ recoveries, with Giolito already injured. These are easonable gambles that they should remain reasonably healthy, and effective, IMO.

2. 35 year old, overweight, and already injured Lance Lynn. Gambling on the health of a guy who doesn't like exercise or vegetables to remain healthy is shoddy logic, IMO. Adding into it his age is a further gamble, IMO. Father time likes eating fat guys at the end of their careers. 

3. Keuchel.

4. Michael Kopech, who comes pre-injured, and who has scant chance of producing enough IP to take the place of others in this rotation.

5. DFA candidate VV.

6 Others: 36 year old Cueto got curb-stomped in Charlotte the other day. Lopez has been up-and-down out of the pen. Lambert has been curb-stomped both here and in Charlotte so far this season.

In sum, they're gambling on health and effectiveness of a group that hasn't demonstrated enough of both to be sure.

All this taken together, whos gonna take the ball every 5 days? Once VV is DFA'ed, i guess you go with Cueto? Once Lynn sprains his stomach shoveling ribs down his hole, I guess you go with Lopez? And when Kopech needs time off, who?

And if/when Cueto, Lopez, and Lambert fail or get injured, who?

There's neither the depth in the org, nor quality/health among the 5 man rotation to ABSOKUTELY GUARANTEE that Keuchel won't make it to 160 IP, IMO. Simply because there ain't enough MLB-caliber arms on offer.

And thats why its a 50/50 proposition that Keuchel makes 160 IP, IMO. Far too high for my liking, but this is what happens when your FO does stupid things.

You're right. I should be a fan of the scrubs like you.

Your concerned about the health of Giolito, Cease and Lynn but you insist they should have retained Rodon?

• Like 2
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, Two-Gun Pete said:
6 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

1. "Keuchle" threw 162 IP a year ago, WITH Rodon and a healthy Lynn in the rotation. How many IP will he HAVE TO throw with Vince Velasquez and other AAAA types in the roster?

3. Who's gonna take the ball when VV is DFA'ed, and/or other SPs underperform or are injured?

When I provided you and your family a blanket of freedom in the Marines, I had to be fit. Whats more, it was a bad thing for one of our fellow Marines to be out of shape, because it made my job and others' jobs more dangerous and difficult.

My view on fitness remains the same as it was back then. If you're using your body to make a living, take care of it. Eat vegetables. Do your cardio. Keep your weight manageable. 

During his time with the White Sox, I've seen Lance Lynn perform at a very high level. What have you been watching? 

See, some people can do two things at once. Lance Lynn can weigh more than say, Lucas Giolito, and still be an effective pitcher. 

You could have served our country and still have the personality of an asshole. It's the same thing! 

• Fire 2

19 minutes ago, Tony said:

Your constant fat-shaming of Lance Lynn would be funnier if he wasn't a multiple-time all-star who's made over 65 million dollars in his career.....while your fat ass sits in front of a computer and posts on a White Sox message board. 

Tony on fire in this thread. Thank you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Ok Sir.

19 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Your concerned about the health of Giolito, Cease and Lynn but you insist they should have retained Rodon?

To be fair, I'm concerned about Lynn's health, and Kopech's durability.

I'm concerned about VV and others not being good enough at baseball.

I'm concerned that you feel a need to defend this FO, when their decisions on this area of the team have already been proven wrong.

I find it funny that you'd rather gamble on Keuchel making his 2023 option than have gambled on an insured contract for Rodon in 2022.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

17 minutes ago, Tony said:

During his time with the White Sox, I've seen Lance Lynn perform at a very high level. What have you been watching? 

See, some people can do two things at once. Lance Lynn can weigh more than say, Lucas Giolito, and still be an effective pitcher. 

You could have severed our country and still have the personality of an asshole. It's the same thing! 

First, you and your family are welcome, though I never "severed" my country.

And yes, Lance Lynn had been better than  Giolito in the past. But, Father Time is undefeated.

Unless you believe that older and fatter pitchers get healthier and better as they pass 35 year of age. Is this so?

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

2 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

First, you and your family are welcome.

And yes, Lance Lynn had been better than  Giolito in the past. But, Father Time is undefeated.

Unless, in addition to being a freedom freeloader, you believe that older pitchers get healthier and better as they pass 35 year of age. Is this so?

A Freedom freeloader?  What the Actual Fuck?  See this is why you always get banned.  You just can't help yourself Roman.

3 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Unless you believe that older and fatter pitchers get healthier and better as they pass 35 year of age. Is this so?

You asked me if I had seen that commitment from Lynn. I answered that since his time with the White Sox, I’ve seen him perform at a very high level…so my answer to that question is Yes, I have seen a commitment to excellence because that’s what he’s been during his time with the White Sox, which is all I can ask for as a fan. 

Now you, the great man of discipline, can’t go 5 posts without making fun of someone’s physical appearance. You’re a real gem. 

7 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

I didn't mention Kopech as those are valid concerns.

You stated Giolito and Cease are pre-injured in your post. 

Valid concerns for a 35 year old pitcher. However, with a good injury history would not be asmuch of a worry as someone with Rodon's injury history.

Again I can't see how you have these concerns but insist Rodon would be good to add to the mix.

Edited by ptatc

19 minutes ago, Texsox said:

image.png

No one asked but since there's a John Kruk reference, I feel compelled to share my favorite Kruk moments:

1. His reaction to the Randy Johnson wild pitch.

2. The quote in this photo 

3. His reaction to Bruce Harper's walkoff grand slam against the cubs https://youtu.be/TuYS3t3M0yM

4. Retiring after hitting a single and walking off the field in the middle of a game.

And just to contribute to the actual topic, I agree that Abreu is here until he doesn't want to be anymore.

And thats why its a 50/50 proposition that Keuchel makes 160 IP, IMO. Far too high for my liking, but this is what happens when your FO does stupid things.

He has pitched three starts thus far to the tune of 10 innings.  Assuming he makes a full seasons worth (32) of starts, he would need to average over 5 innings per start over the next 29 to hit that additional 150.  And that's even without taking into account the possibility of injury. 

The actual possibility of him hitting the 160 looks very slim to me.

Edited by Spumoni

23 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I didn't mention Kopech as those are valid concerns.

You stated Giolito and Cease are pre-injured in your post. 

Valid concerns for a 35 year old pitcher. However, with a good injury history would not be asmuch of a worry as someone with Rodon's injury history.

Again I can't see how you have these concerns but insist Rodon would be good to add to the mix.

Guarantee that if we offered Rodon the QO and he accepted, and then he got injured in April, @Two-Gun Pete would be blaming the front office for throwing ~20 million at a guy with a very extensive history of arm troubles.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Abreu is going to do what Abreu wants to do.  He seems to have the private cell to JR, unlike most of the franchise.  It does still ring in my ears that for the first time he is talking about NOT coming back, which coincidentally happens right at the same time this team falls apart with a sure playoff roster.  It's probably just dumb luck, but I can't stop thinking about it.

From the moooveees:
"These people have heard of coincidences, they're just never seen one in real life."
The Counselor

"You're a detective now, you're no longer allowed to believe in coincidence."
Batman Rises

1 hour ago, Tony said:

You could have severed our country and still have the personality of an asshole. It's the same thing! 

Lance being in something resembling decent shape wouldn't hurt. Especially on the knees and hips.

"Severed?" ----- woof!

To be fair, I'm concerned about Lynn's health, and Kopech's durability.

I

I'm concerned about Kopech's aversion to using his curve, or a change, or a cutter, or a sinker...

Edited by FoxForce2

4 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

Lance being in something resembling decent shape wouldn't hurt. Especially on the knees and hips.

"Severed?" ----- woof!

Yeah, that was a bad spelling error on my part...hand up on that one lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony said:

Dude, COME ON. 

You really believe the White Sox will allow Dallas Keuchel to make 20 million in 23 because they'll let him throw 160 IP this season? I will bet you anything you want that won't come close to happening. 

He is not averaging 5 innings for 32 starts.  

Nor should he, he should never face a lineup a third time.