Check out FutureSox and the Sox minor league system if you want to feel better

ron883

While the major league team has sucked, the minor league system has been much better than expected, imo. Lots of guys taking the next step. Bryan Ramos has looked amazing while being young for his age. Yolbert simply won't stop hitting and walking. Mena is an interesting young pitching prospect. Wes Kath and Colson Montgomery have shown flashes of their potential. Oscar Colas looks like he may be the real deal too. 

All in all, the minor league system looks better than the worst minor league system, which is where people had ranked it. 

https://www.milb.com/scores/chicago-white-sox/2022-04-28

• Like 1

I never really understand the overall importance of a teams farm ranking. Top 30 rankings for an individual team? Who cares? 

give me a farm system sprinkled with 3-4 players making a big push each year and I’ll show you a system that’s productive. Couple that with a GM that know what free agents to fill in with and you have a competitive team every year possibly really breaking out.

19 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

I never really understand the overall importance of a teams farm ranking. Top 30 rankings for an individual team? Who cares? 

give me a farm system sprinkled with 3-4 players making a big push each year and I’ll show you a system that’s productive. Couple that with a GM that know what free agents to fill in with and you have a competitive team every year possibly really breaking out.

Fulfilling that last sentence seems to be something of an issue recently...but see SFG/Rays/Brewers/Indians.

11 hours ago, ron883 said:

While the major league team has sucked, the minor league system has been much better than expected, imo. Lots of guys taking the next step. Bryan Ramos has looked amazing while being young for his age. Yolbert simply won't stop hitting and walking. Mena is an interesting young pitching prospect. Wes Kath and Colson Montgomery have shown flashes of their potential. Oscar Colas looks like he may be the real deal too. 

All in all, the minor league system looks better than the worst minor league system, which is where people had ranked it. 

https://www.milb.com/scores/chicago-white-sox/2022-04-28

You sound like Yogi.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Is there a chance the system will have a couple back end top 100 ranked guys in the midseason updates? Seems like it right?

I think Ramos is likely a shoe in. He was already a fast riser and is dominating. Assuming he doesn't tail off too hard, I wouldn't be shocked to see him move closer to top 50 than back end top 100

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run