4/30- White Sox vs Angels, 3:05, CSN/FS1, ESPNR

Buehrle>Wood

23 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm a big fan of Burger, but man, Yoan can't return quickly enough (assuming he isn't being rushed back)

Yoan ripped a single for Charlotte today, was also caught stealing and committed an error and was pinch hit for, anybody know why he was pulled?

Planned per Helms

Edited by JoeCredeYes
added tweet
  • Like 1

While I'm on a rant and how shit the GameDay experience has turned into:

Stopping the game with 2 strikes and 2 outs on Mike Trout is STUPID. All the players and umpires left the field. Except for Vince Velazquez on the mound and Mike Trout in the box. It was funny to see but they wanted to finish it. Velasquez almost threw a fake pitch as a result

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

While I'm on a rant and how shit the GameDay experience has turned into:

Stopping the game with 2 strikes and 2 outs on Mike Trout is STUPID. All the players and umpires left the field. Except for Vince Velazquez on the mound and Mike Trout in the box. It was funny to see but they wanted to finish it. Velasquez almost threw a fake pitch as a result

That did make me laugh seeing that.

Velasquez averaged half a MPH faster on his fastball today. He mostly was at 92-94 before today and he was hitting 95 in the 5th inning. He got 9 of his 13 whiffs on the fastball. He could just be feeling good today, but it's encouraging after seeing him suck for the first 3 starts. 

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Velasquez averaged half a MPH faster on his fastball today. He mostly was at 92-94 before today and he was hitting 95 in the 5th inning. He got 9 of his 13 whiffs on the fastball. He could just be feeling good today, but it's encouraging after seeing him suck for the first 3 starts. 

He had another start...maybe the first, where he wasn't that good with all the walks but only surrendered one earned run.

13 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Everyone has been better velo wise this last turn around the rotation, except Kopech. When Kopech is down I'm convinced it's a repeating his mechanics thing because he fluctuates betweeen 92-94 and 95-97 within starts. 

Remember, Kopech had Covid and a late start to ST so some rust and inconsistency is expected for him. It's basically the end of ST in a normal year for him. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Pretty much every pitcher can dominate with their A+ stuff working, even 2 pitch guys.  

Wonder if this is VV at his absolute best or if there’s more to this. 

He had A+ command for him today. That has always been his issue. 

58 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Yoan ripped a single for Charlotte today, was also caught stealing and committed an error and was pinch hit for, anybody know why he was pulled?

Planned per Helms

Why would the Knights be going to Atlanta?  Big league team definitely won't be there.  

Oh, he meant the six game series at Gwinnett County.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He had A+ command for him today. That has always been his issue. 

He threw 4 different pitches more than 10% of the time and he was able to throw them all for strikes. I'd wonder how many starts in his career where that's been the case.