5/3 Games

DirtySox

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It seems pretty common. Can’t think of them off the top of my head, but I think there were other players that had brothers with the same first name.

Notable twins Luis Alexander Basabe and Luis Alejandro Basabe, which tricked TLR into trading for the wrong Basabe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It seems pretty common. Can’t think of them off the top of my head, but I think there were other players that had brothers with the same first name.

I think there is 2 Rougned Odor's

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quin said:

Notable twins Luis Alexander Basabe and Luis Alejandro Basabe, which tricked TLR into trading for the wrong Basabe.

Really?  Not surprised.  Reminds me of the Berry-Barry deal.

Lots of George Foremans out there.

2 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Really?  Not surprised.  Reminds me of the Berry-Barry deal.

Lots of George Foremans out there.

Some wonder about the timing of the deal. The Ziegler trade happened well before the surge of the trading deadline. Jeff Passan – a respected national baseball writer who accuses the Diamondbacks of “serial mismanagement” – said Cleveland, Toronto and the Cubs all wanted the Diamondbacks reliever, and they were “gobsmacked” by what La Russa accepted in return – pitcher Jose Almonte and infield prospect Luis Alejandro Basabe.

---

“I was just wondering if they know they got the wrong Basabe,” an anonymous GM told Passan, referring to Luis Alejandro’s twin, Luis Alexander Basabe, who is considered the better player of the two.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/mlb/diamondbacks/2016/07/19/bickley-arizona-diamondbacks-trade-their-way-into-another-perception-problem/87321350/

This was one of the things brought up a lot when he got here, partially cause we had Basabe at the time, and partially cause it was an indicator that TLR does not pay attention to details anymore.

8 hours ago, Quin said:

This was one of the things brought up a lot when he got here, partially cause we had Basabe at the time, and partially cause it was an indicator that TLR does not pay attention to details anymore.

After my post, I called a pal who is a die hard BoSox fan, and I asked him about the Basabe twin fiasco, and he immediately recalled that Boston traded the Other twin to somebody who did not know who was who.  Must have been Tony.