Crosstown Series Game Two--6:40 CT

10 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Going to the game.

Is there a good spot to park at that shit hole???

No.

Seriously, though - you can pay a bunch to park super close to the stadium, but if you're willing to walk 15 minutes or jump on the Addison bus you can park for free in lots of spots once you get west of Damen.  I live around here and I always walk to the games.

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

No.

Seriously, though - you can pay a bunch to park super close to the stadium, but if you're willing to walk 15 minutes or jump on the Addison bus you can park for free in lots of spots once you get west of Damen.  I live around here and I always walk to the games.

Yea, sounds right. I haven't been to Wrigleyville in over 10 years but last time I was there for an event we just parked somewhere to the west, was about a 15 minute walk IIRC back to the area.

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Lawrence Holmes says Vaughn is 3rd in baseball for hard hit balls. Something like that.

In # of hard hit balls or EV?  If its just the number that's even more impressive given how often he hasn't played.

4 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Lawrence Holmes says Vaughn is 3rd in baseball for hard hit balls. Something like that.

He's 7th in baseball in hardhit% if you limit it to 25 BBE, Jose Abreu is 3rd, Jose has the 10th most 95+ MPH batted balls this year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

He's 7th in baseball in hardhit% if you limit it to 25 BBE, Jose Abreu is 3rd, Jose has the 10th most 95+ MPH batted balls this year.

I don't know where he is at now, but recently Abreu was literally the unluckiest hitter in baseball with the largest gap between his expected OBA and his actual.

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

Going to the game.

Is there a good spot to park at that shit hole???

Take the fucking train if you can, they fuck you over in that neighborhood for parking. 

or huber if its not far

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't know where he is at now, but recently Abreu was literally the unluckiest hitter in baseball with the largest gap between his expected OBA and his actual.

When I looked the other day his expected wOBA was like .403 and his actual was .313.

4 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

When I looked the other day his expected wOBA was like .403 and his actual was .313.

400 now but a 52% GB rate. On a positive note his walk rate is way up and his popup rate is zero. He's making solid contact, just needs to lift a bit.

22 minutes ago, DaGame said:

Is there anyway possible to watch the pre and post game show on NBC Sports without living in the area? I live in the South and would love to watch it.

Depending on your setup you can use a VPN to change your area to the Chicago market 

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

But then wouldn't you be blacked out from the game?

That's why I said depending on your setup. It would if you use MLB.tv

I use Youtube.TV and it checks your location to determine what regional channels to pull up.