AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, gogosox1959 said:

Reynaldo living the good life:  4-0

I had a feeling he'd vulture another win today after we tied it in the 9th. 

This might be the best win so far this year. We looked dead on offense for 8 innings and the bottom of the order sparked a rally in the 9th. Then after Lopez got out of 2nd and 3rd 1 out in the 9th, we got 2 huge hits to put up 2 runs. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I had a feeling he'd vulture another win today after we tied it in the 9th. 

This might be the best win so far this year. We looked dead on offense for 8 innings and the bottom of the order sparked a rally in the 9th. Then after Lopez got out of 2nd and 3rd 1 out in the 9th, we got 2 huge hits to put up 2 runs. 

We still making it too close for comfort.  We won’t take a walk, swinging at everything, need to be more patient.  Fortunately our only walk scored in the 9th.  Also we cannot hit Pollock second, he left everybody on base.  He is hitting close to .100 since back from the IL.

• Like 2

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

Liam just looks like a guy who does well when he's being used on a reg basis, doubt they run him out there tomorrow but who knows?

I wonder the MLB record is for longest winning streak where a single closer got a save in all of them. 

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Liam just looks like a guy who does well when he's being used on a reg basis, doubt they run him out there tomorrow but who knows?

It's cute that you think we'll need Liam in a game started by Dallas Keuchel. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

We still making it too close for comfort.  We won’t take a walk, swinging at everything, need to be more patient.  Fortunately our only walk scored in the 9th.  Also we cannot hit Pollock second, he left everybody on base.  He is hitting close to .100 since back from the IL.

Yeah we probably should have won this in 9 innings had TA just gotten Engel in from 3rd. Beggars can't be choosers sometimes though. 

12 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Haha, I read the scoring plays that showed Abreu hit scores Pollock in the 10th and I thought AJ finally did something....I had completely forgotten about the phantom runner.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Boston just needed their closer in a game started by Pivetta. You never know. 

I would take Nick Pivetta 12 out of 10 times, over Dallas Freakin' Keuchel though, to be fair.

5 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I would take Nick Pivetta 12 out of 10 times, over Dallas Freakin' Keuchel though, to be fair.

Well If Keuchel shuts down the Red Sox tomorrow, it will be official that the Red Sox bats are irredeemably awful.

• Thanks 1