Chicago vs Boston Game 3

Okay, great comeback win on Saturday night. Extremely quick turnaround though so getting this thread going the night before. We are going for the sweep and SIX in a row! Odds aren't entirely in our favor with Kuechel (1-3, 8.40 era) up against Wacha (3-0, 1.38 era). But I'm as optimistic as anyone!

First pitch 10:35 CT on Sunday morning. You can watch on Peacock or NBC (not NBCSC...the actual NBC channel).

Let's get a sweep!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Okay, great comeback win on Saturday night. Extremely quick turnaround though so getting this thread going the night before. We are going for the sweep and SIX in a row! Odds aren't entirely in our favor with Kuechel (1-3, 8.40 era) up against Wacha (3-0, 1.38 era). But I'm as optimistic as anyone!

First pitch 10:35 CT on Sunday morning. You can watch on Peacock or NBC (not NBCSC...the actual NBC channel).

Let's get a sweep!

Games are won in three places: on the field, on the practice field, and on the message boards. Right now, you're carrying your water and then some -- keep up the good work.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, FoxForce2 said:

What is the reasoning for the early gametime?

This happened last year when we played Boston. I think it was due to some kind of festival they do in Boston every year. I don't know if that's the same reason for today's early start though. 

59 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

This happened last year when we played Boston. I think it was due to some kind of festival they do in Boston every year. I don't know if that's the same reason for today's early start though. 

I think last year it was because of Patriots’ Day/Boston Marathon.  That already happened this year…I believe this early start can be blamed on the peacock broadcasting nonsense.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Last year, it was on a Monday and it was for that day they run the Boston Marathon (forgot what they call that day) which already happened. I think it’s because it’s the Peacock Sunday game.

4 hours ago, shoeless_joe21 said:

If Kuechel gets annihilated to the point of losing his spot in the rotation, I'm still counting it as the 6th win in a row.

It's OK to start Keuchel provided Plan B is ready in the bullpen after one or two innings. He was also a victim of leaky gloves. He needs a miracle fix from Coach Katz. 

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Stay in bed everyone,  it's the literal Sunday line up 

Screenshot_20220508-083410_MLB.jpg

Need Leury in LF and Engel in RF…that’s the toughest right field to play in the entire majors.

Even last year, the lineup was twice as imposing despite Robert and Jimenez being out.  Seems almost hopeless at times.  So in theory, Wacha is due for a lousy start today just like Pivetta had his best yesterday.

Or Keuchel just by the law of averages will finally have a decent start.

Edited by caulfield12