Chicago vs Boston Game 3

Just now, ptatc said:

You do know that Houck wasn't announced as the started until right before the game?

I know that winning games in May against a team looking for ways to lose is more important than giving playing time to someone who won't be on the roster in October.

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

You do know Tony probably decided this was an off day 3 days ago for Tim even after an off day on Thursday. 

TLR doesnt remember what its like to be in his 20s i guess. I cant believe how often our guys "need" rest.

Just now, fathom said:

Sheets has no business being on this roster.  Send him to AAA and tell him to work on hitting breaking pitches better.

The Sheets Stans from this offseason have been awfully quiet. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

You do know Tony probably decided this was an off day 3 days ago for Tim even after an off day on Thursday. 

Correct. This is my point. The poster is mad that TA is successful against Houck and should be playing. But TLR probably told him a few days ago that Sunday is a day off for him so he may have not been prepared to play. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

How is this line-up bad, he gave Anderson a rest and replaced him with Leury? NOt that I agree with batting Leury leadoff, but cmon man give it a rest.

Giving Anderson a rest is fine but no reason to bat Leury lead off when Robert is also playing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Hopefully he does great so it's not. But if he gets lit up again, I agree. At some point, it makes no sense basically forfeiting all his starts.

I am afraid the Green Monster will be getting a workout with DK pitching.

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

TLR doesnt remember what its like to be in his 20s i guess. I cant believe how often our guys "need" rest.

He's been managing like this forever. Why do you think Guillen always had the Sunday lineups when he managed?

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I know that winning games in May against a team looking for ways to lose is more important than giving playing time to someone who won't be on the roster in October.

That's your view, obviously not shared by all in the baseball community. 

TLR told TA days ago that Sunday would be a day off. TA probably wasn't prepared to play today to make a last minute change.

It wouldn't be fair to TA. It's why players like him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

They're in a stretch of playing 18 games in 17 days, they're scoring < 4 runs a game, Dallas is giving up > 4 runs a start, so it's the perfect time to give guys a day off.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Tim Anderson is 3/3 with a homer against Houck but not in the lineup.

Giving Tony way too much credit to presume he does 'research' ... in his baseball, Tony goes with his gut (too bad it's leaky and been destroyed by 60 years of vodka consumption)

12 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Why dont they try Cueto instead of automatically conceding every 5th game with Keuchel?  They dont HAVE to pitch him.

He should be up this week.  He just pitched at AAA so he couldn't come up and replace Keuchel.  He will be in there for Keuchel's next start though 

I am hoping this is the last week  for Sheets, Burger and Mendick. They are all triple A players and should not be on a championship team. Unfortunately, Sheets hits from the left so Tony will keep him. Tim needs a day off before a big week next week, Pollack definitely needs to sit, Moncada back tomorrow. We need Vaughn back quickly with eloy and Vaughn out the lineup is a big drag. Next week it is warm here all week so hopefully the bats get going. 

• Like 1

Just now, quickman said:

I am hoping this is the last week  for Sheets, Burger and Mendick. They are all triple A players and should not be on a championship team. Unfortunately, Sheets hits from the left so Tony will keep him. Tim needs a day off before a big week next week, Pollack definitely needs to sit, Moncada back tomorrow. We need Vaughn back quickly with eloy and Vaughn out the lineup is a big drag. Next week it is warm here all week so hopefully the bats get going. 

Only two are going down, we’ll be keeping one of Sheets/Burger