Chicago vs Boston Game 3

9 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If he feels like he has a winnable appeal, then he needs to ride it out.

I don't think so. You can't have ayers flipping off the fans and not have some kind of discipline.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I don't think so. You can't have ayers flipping off the fans and not have some kind of discipline.

Except that we have had that before, several instances of white players doing it and not getting suspended.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Except that we have had that before, several instances of white players doing it and not getting suspended.

Can't vouch for that as I don't remember it but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Everyone should be disciplined for flipping off the fans.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hearing that we were short Bummer, Hendriks and ReyLo, and apparently also not wanting to use Graveman, I understand why Tony tried to extend Dallas to 6 today. That is half of the pen missing. 

This is a result of our offense sucking. Every game is high leverage when you only score 3 or 4 runs. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If he feels like he has a winnable appeal, then he needs to ride it out.

Can’t say I agree. But easy for me to say, I’m not paying the fine or taking the $58k cut in pay. 

6 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Can’t say I agree. But easy for me to say, I’m not paying the fine or taking the $58k cut in pay. 

The team should not cut his pay. They need to chill on that. He should pay his own fine tho.

6 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

“Hopefully we stay 3-5 games back of the Twins this month”.

Well that should be really easy since you predicted the White Sox would win 109 games this year, so we're (according to you) due for a 95-40 stretch after playing just a handful of games over .500 over the last 105 or so.

The White Sox SHOULD be able to make up a game or two at home versus CLE while the Twins are hosting Houston, but the next 21 games after that we will oscillate back and forth within that 3-5 games behind range.

It won't be until the second or third week of June that we take over first place for good this season.

Edited by caulfield12

43 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well that should be really easy since you predicted the White Sox would win 109 games this year, so we're (according to you) due for a 95-40 stretch after playing just a handful of games over .500 over the last 105 or so.

The White Sox SHOULD be able to make up a game or two at home versus CLE while the Twins are hosting Houston, but the next 21 games after that we will oscillate back and forth within that 3-5 games behind range.

It won't be until the second or third week of June that we take over first place for good this season.

I don’t even know who hits baseballs for the Twins outside of Sano, Correa and Buxton.  

And I also don’t know anybody who throws baseballs for them really at all.  I remember Ober from last year because he was tall, funny looking and didn’t throw very hard.  Do they still have Colome?

Lol.  The twins.  3-5 games.  Lol

8 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I don’t even know who hits baseballs for the Twins outside of Sano, Correa and Buxton.  

And I also don’t know anybody who throws baseballs for them really at all.  I remember Ober from last year because he was tall, funny looking and didn’t throw very hard.  Do they still have Colome?

This is the kind of attitude that has us constantly struggling just to eliminate the mid-tier divisional opponents, let alone the Royals or Tigers.

The way we played the first stretch against the Central, one would think that your post was pretty much the extent of their scouting report.

Sano hasn't even been a factor this year.

Those who play fantasy baseball at least know who Kepler, Arraez, Larnach and especially Polanco are...they have probably also heard of Sonny Gray, and Joe Ryan has been one of the Top Ten AL pitchers so far.

8 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Sano had knee surgery but they have some decent rookies playing I think three.