And That’s a White Sox 🧹

southsider2k5

5 hours ago, ptatc said:

This is a game that exemplifies why managers really don't matter as much in the MLB.

Everything before the game, keuchal, lineup and defense looked like it would be a giveaway game.

Have all the wrong moves and sometimes they win. Do all the right ones and sometimes you lose.

TLR tried to punt and it was blocked.  Leaving Keuchel in the 6 th almost cost us the game. The Green Monster saved a Martinez HR.  Baseball Gods were with the Sox today.

Edited by hankchifan
Grammar
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't even count Vaughn until I know if his wrist is ok. Wrist injuries are the worst a hitter can have. 

Plus he is a RH 1B and they can easily be replaced. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

TLR tried to punt and it was blocked.  Leaving Keuchel in the 6 th almost cost us the game. The Green Monster saved a Martinez HR.  Baseball Gods we’re with the Sox today.

Over 162 it happens. Hence the minimal difference managers make in the MLB.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I'm still not sold on this team despite the win streak. When they stop looking like a minor league team vs Cleveland and Minnesota, then I'll be off the fence.  Those two series were some of the worst Sox baseball I've seen in my life

Now that they are one over .500, time to re-focus on those division games the rest of the season. Sox definitely have looked horrible vs. teams they play the most. ... As far as today, love it. Tony coulda got reamed and would have had the Sox lost: Sunday lineup, no TA, pitching decisions. But Sox won and he looks good and the team looks good still with some key players hurt. 

Jose Abreu was a factor in some of these road wins, baby. Liam was awesome on the road trip. Tim was excellent. Others too. Just.Win.Baby and give Tony some credit where it's due if u are a hater.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Should have traded him for Mitch Keller and his 6.12 era and 1.5 whip when we had the chance!!

Vaughn may never play again. Better call up The Yerminator. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

IIRC,  that was the Aaron Rownad series in NY.

I’ll never forget that road trip.  I was in high school and I had cut the Sox schedule out of the Suntimes and tacked it on my wall.  Put Ws and Ls over every game.  That was a lot of Ws! 😂

23 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Yea, was wondering what was up here. After checking, he leads the bullpen in IP (for sure thought it'd be Liam) so probably best not to burn him out. I think having Kelley back will hopefully spread some of that load out.

Also, have to give POTW to Matt Foster. 4 games, 0 H, 5K/1BB, 4 Holds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frankensteiner said:

Yea, was wondering what was up here. After checking, he leads the bullpen in IP (for sure thought it'd be Liam) so probably best not to burn him out. I think having Kelley back will hopefully spread some of that load out.

Also, have to give POTW to Matt Foster. 4 games, 0 H, 5K/1BB, 4 Holds.

The entire bullpen this week: 22 1/3 IP, 2 ER, 12 H, 3 BB, 25 K, 0.81 ERA, 0.67 WHIP, 10.07 K/9, 8.33 K/BB

• Fire 2

4 hours ago, hankchifan said:

TLR tried to punt and it was blocked.  Leaving Keuchel in the 6 th almost cost us the game. The Green Monster saved a Martinez HR.  Baseball Gods we’re with the Sox today.

TLR was brilliant.

Martinez HR would have only tied the game. The problem in that JDM at bat was throwing a center cut fastball in that count, which TLR had nothing to do with.

We would have won this thing anyway.

4 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

That Cleveland and NY trip was so much fun. Damn I'm getting old now 😔 

That road trip was so awesome.. I feel like we ended a game or two by getting out of a big jam (maybe a double play to end the game with the tying run on third?)

• Like 1