FCC might get a call...

southsider2k5

Awful Announcing ran the story, I actually think it was just perfect timing. 

When you listen to it, it 100% sounds like he says "Are you shitting me?"

But the one announcer says "Sheets" right as he is talking, and I think he is really saying "Are you kidding me?" but the Sheets lines up perfectly with the start of kidding, which gets you "shitting" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Nah, it's cable.  He could say "Are you fucking shitting me" and it would just be up to his bosses and the advertisers.

This is also true. 

You can do almost anything on cable. The only reason they don't is advertising dollars. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

This is also true. 

You can do almost anything on cable. The only reason they don't is advertising dollars. 

Though I'm glad sports is broadcast with a PG (maybe PG-13 in extreme cases) mindset.  It would be sound really bad if close strike calls and such were "WTF'"'d.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

But the one announcer says "Sheets" right as he is talking, and I think he is really saying "Are you kidding me?" but the Sheets lines up perfectly with the start of kidding, which gets you "shitting" 

I listened to it several times and this is exactly what happens. If you turn up the volume with headphones you can easily tell. 

Although it does make for a hilarious soundbite 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, Tony said:

This is also true. 

On 5/10/2022 at 11:18 AM, Big Hurtin said:

Though I'm glad sports is broadcast with a PG (maybe PG-13 in extreme cases) mindset.  It would be sound really bad if close strike calls and such were "WTF'"'d.

You really want to encourage parents to get kids watching baseball, so that's the biggest factor. My parents are about as un-prudish (if that's a word) as you get and they didn't let me watch stuff with f-bombs or brief nudity until I was about 13. Even when you know your kids are hearing/seeing it elsewhere, it's another thing to actively permit it.