Lawsuit Filed Against the Sox

maloney.adam

Thought it was going to be against the organization for their off season moves...by a group of season ticket holders.

Wow...just read the allegations.  Seems very personal with Hahn, obviously there are two sides that will emerge at trial...if it gets that far.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

I'm thinking of suing Benetti/Stone for intentional infliction of emotional distress....I'm willing to settle if they cease and desist with the jingle or at least provide me with a 3 minute trigger window so I can properly mute.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

It should be the end of Rick Hahn as GM if the allegations in this article are proven true. I'm sick to my stomach reading this.

The allegations are disturbing, but they are just allegations, if there is something there I'd imagine there is a paper trail or email / text trail that discovery will find. 

• Like 4

To me it sounds like he was indeed fired for performance reasons and now tries to play the "gay card". I'm not saying there is no Homophobia in sports but why would the sox fire him two years after learning he is gay? 

if the drug/gambling accusation was made and is not true that would be very bad of course but that someone is fired for performance and then tries to get some money by claiming it was sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or race is not unusual, those lawyers who are working in that field are looking out for stuff like that. 

For the sox that is very bad of course, even if they win the lawsuit some people will still make "sox are homophobic" out of that. 

Edited by Dominikk85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Typical law suit by lawyers involving an ex-employee that covers everything 'sexual orientation, age and disability'. Of course if any of the allegations are true then it is curtains for Hahn and a big pay out in compensation from the Sox.

While it doesn't sound like something the Sox allowed to happen or Hahn would say, I know very little about any of this so I'm not going to say I don't believe it either way.  The Sox have really tried to build on inclusion, this would be a really ugly thing to set them back in that area.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

While it doesn't sound like something the Sox allowed to happen or Hahn would say, I know very little about any of this so I'm not going to say I don't believe it either way.  The Sox have really tried to build on inclusion, this would be a really ugly thing to set them back in that area.

Yeah, its hard to believe the organization would do something like this, but none of us were there and just have to let the process play out.  That being said, if this is eventually proven true, then Hahn’s career as White Sox GM will likely be over.

• Like 1

alleges Hahn made statements to other athletic coaching staff in September 2020 that Ball had a gambling, drug or alcohol addiction related to carjacking.

An internal investigation ought to be able to confirm this

Ball’s lawsuit claims an “individual A” – a “management-level representative of the White Sox” – contacted him on December 27, 2020 and claimed the dismissal was based on his sexual orientation.

Is Hahn really dumb enough to actually tell "individual A" this?

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So let’s imagine this is settled out of court with no public admission of anything. If something happened that’s probably the likely scenario. Everyone ok with no internal results?

Settled out if court just means they want it to end. Doesn't mean that any of it actually occurred.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Settled out if court just means they want it to end. Doesn't mean that any of it actually occurred.

Exactly. So if every detail happened and they settle out of court, no consequences? Everyone ok with that?

Cannot say what is in the lawsuit is all BS, there probably is some truth in there, but if the suit does say they knew of his orientation well before he was promoted to head trainer, so I don't know how far he will get. It depends on how good his lawyer is. There may be some sort of settlement to make it go away. I doubt it goes to trial. He isn't working, so he probably needs some money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Exactly. So if every detail happened and they settle out of court, no consequences? Everyone ok with that?

If there are no further facts or information how can you judge anyone?

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Cannot say what is in the lawsuit is all BS, there probably is some truth in there, but if the suit does say they knew of his orientation well before he was promoted to head trainer, so I don't know how far he will get. It depends on how good his lawyer is. There may be some sort of settlement to make it go away. I doubt it goes to trial. He isn't working, so he probably needs some money.

Did Dave Wilder ever file a lawsuit against the team based on sexual orientation discrimination?  He was actually protected until the very end by KW at risk to his career and reputation.