GT 5/13: Yankees @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC

• Quin pinned this topic

I think Joe Kelly was spared a whole lotta hurt from the Gamethread community last evening  by the Great Soxtalk Slowdown of 2022.  Do better Joe.

The White Sox have won a decent number of games through the years where I was sure the pitching or lineup matchup  was a no win situation going in so never say never.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I think Joe Kelly was spared a whole lotta hurt from the Gamethread community last evening  by the Great Soxtalk Slowdown of 2022.  Do better Joe.

The White Sox have won a decent number of games through the years where I was sure the pitching or lineup matchup  was a no win situation going in so never say never.  

The gamethread didn't work. Joe was ass last night for sure. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

The gamethread didn't work. Joe was ass last night for sure. 

I actually think I was less pissed off last night cause I couldn't rant in the game thread about how bad everything was in the 8th. 

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I actually think I was less pissed off last night cause I couldn't rant in the game thread about how bad everything was in the 8th. 

See I was actually worse off because I missed the catharsis of reading everyone put my feelings into words for me.

56 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think I was little more pissed because I couldn't go on and say how pissed I was.  It is a good release at least for me.  Like someone here said a couple of years back, I can't go around the house yelling about how much Yolmer sucks, my family wouldn't take it so I vent here instead.

47 minutes ago, wegner said:

I think I was little more pissed because I couldn't go on and say how pissed I was.  It is a good release at least for me.  Like someone here said a couple of years back, I can't go around the house yelling about how much Yolmer sucks, my family wouldn't take it so I vent here instead.

It would have been a 60 + page game thread without the access issues.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I think being in the echo chamber of people shitting on TLR and the team just pisses me off more for some reason. 

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think being in the echo chamber of people shitting on TLR and the team just pisses me off more for some reason. 

I understand that too.  Sometimes I have calmed down and someone posts something and I think...OH YEAH THAT IS SOME BULLSHIT

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I don't mind the shitting on TLR and anyone in the front office. The players are doing what they can but are short some weapons and the FO refused to go for the jugular. Maybe that affects some of the players thinking that the front office doesn't really care about winning a World Series when they let Rodon walk and didn't add any LH bats while signing a bunch of scrap heapers and relief pitchers.

I mostly stay out game threads because there's way too much DFA him stuff and this player sucks in a SSS of suckiness. The pen was doing great overall until the last couple of days. They were winning a decent amount of low scoring hockey score games against poor opponents but they are going to have to show me they are more than the .500 team they've been since the AS break last year. Getting healthy will help but there will always be injuries which is why I always put the blame squarely where it belongs, on the Front office and ownership.

Velasquez has been dealing; I'm much more optimistic about this than the rest. Obviously Cole is the challenge here.

Not sure why Vaughn needed a rehab stint after missing like 10 games. Sure could use his bat tonight.

Moncada all over the fastballs now; here's to hoping he can car the offense tonight.

2 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

If Cease couldn't hold those bat downs last night, pray for rain or COVID the rest of this series. 

I get they were hit hard, but that was one of the more unlucky pitching performances I've seen. All contact was either out of the park or an extra base hit - I think he only had one ball in play that was an out? Even if you leave stuff over the plate, it doesn't mean a team is going to kill you. Limit balls in play as well as Cease did vs elite offenses in the future, and you'll shut them down much more frequently than you won't.

15 minutes ago, wegner said:

I understand that too.  Sometimes I have calmed down and someone posts something and I think...OH YEAH THAT IS SOME BULLSHIT

When you feel nothing is going your way, and start thinking this team will never get it going after you spent years following the rebuild and sitting through complete garbage, only to be rewarded by the Sox hiring a statue as their manager, just remember one thing that'll make you feel much better... that nationwide is on your side no matter what.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Velasquez has been dealing; I'm much more optimistic about this than the rest. Obviously Cole is the challenge here.

Not sure why Vaughn needed a rehab stint after missing like 10 games. Sure could use his bat tonight.

Moncada all over the fastballs now; here's to hoping he can car the offense tonight.

I've been told Moncada has long covid and he is toast. Feelsbad

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

When you feel nothing is going your way, and start thinking this team will never get it going after you spent years following the rebuild and sitting through complete garbage, only to be rewarded by the Sox hiring a statue as their manager, just remember one thing that'll make you feel much better... that nationwide is on your side no matter what.

You're a rat bastard, Ray. 

One day, years from now, you all will realize it was that damn jingle all the time.  If they were to 86 it tomorrow, I GUARANTEE a World Series on the South Side this season.  Think about it Jason....is it really all worth it....is it???

Edited by wegner
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm working through my Jingle anger as best I can, although my Dominatrix is a little concerned that I have changed my safe word to "vukovich"

Edited by wegner
oh no a misspelling, Goddess Ludo Vicious is going to make me pay for that one
  • Haha 1

Baseball often makes no goddamn sense - watch the Sox come alive and beat up on Cole when normally this season they haven't even been able to handle AAA pitchers. 

I don't think this will actually happen but its fun to dream about.

• Love 2

I feel like VV was really showing some confidence last start, he'd be an ideal swingman if he can keep that up with that pitch mix he had working once Lynn returns.  Here's to hoping it doesn't all get crushed tonight....

• Like 1