Giolito on COVID list, Vaughn back

CentralChamps21

11 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

It's Cleveland's fault Gio got COVID. They should have to loan us Bieber for every start he misses.

I was thinking we borrow Jose Ramirez instead so we can return him as an impatient hitting groundball machine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Why every time we get someone back someone else goes down in some way

Mur·phy's Law
/ˌmərfēz ˈlô/

noun
  1. a supposed law of nature, expressed in various humorous popular sayings, to the effect that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

54 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm worried about his long term recovery. While having an active case wasn't really a big deal for me, the three month cough, body ache, etc was horrible.

Dang 3 months of ache?  I had it in December, body ache went away after a few days, however here we are 5 months later and I still can't really smell anything and sweet things taste like raw cigar tobacco, it's been a blast. 

15 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Dang 3 months of ache?  I had it in December, body ache went away after a few days, however here we are 5 months later and I still can't really smell anything and sweet things taste like raw cigar tobacco, it's been a blast. 

I was so relieved when the cough stopped. Once I stopped coughing I could sleep better and it really helped the pain. The most serious lingering issue for me is it probably caused, (or just a coincidence), right bundle branch blockage in my heart. 

I never really lost my sense of smell or taste. It was reduced for a while, but wasn't a big deal. I actually questioned the lab results. 

22 minutes ago, Texsox said:

The most serious lingering issue for me is it probably caused, (or just a coincidence), right bundle branch blockage in my heart. 

Sorry to hear that.  My brother has something similar going on post-COVID. No fun.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I was so relieved when the cough stopped. Once I stopped coughing I could sleep better and it really helped the pain. The most serious lingering issue for me is it probably caused, (or just a coincidence), right bundle branch blockage in my heart. 

I never really lost my sense of smell or taste. It was reduced for a while, but wasn't a big deal. I actually questioned the lab results. 

Holy shit, be glad they caught it. That sounds like what killed my uncle and godfather. 

Both got covid and died a few weeks after recovering from what appeared to be a massive heart attack. Weird thing is, neither had any evidence of heart issues before that. Both were in their mid 60s. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Holy shit, be glad they caught it. That sounds like what killed my uncle and godfather. 

Both got covid and died a few weeks after recovering from what appeared to be a massive heart attack. Weird thing is, neither had any evidence of heart issues before that. Both were in their mid 60s. 

Cardiac issues are more common than you think with COVID. For D1 athletics you need a full cardiac workup and EKG before returning to running.

9 hours ago, ptatc said:

Cardiac issues are more common than you think with COVID. For D1 athletics you need a full cardiac workup and EKG before returning to running.

Took my echo this past week. We are also monitoring my Leukemia a bit closer with tests every three months instead of annual. I'm just really lucky I caught COVID in 2022 after two vaccinations and a booster.

16 hours ago, Texsox said:

I'm worried about his long term recovery. While having an active case wasn't really a big deal for me, the three month cough, body ache, etc was horrible.

It all depends if he is asymptomatic. 

14 hours ago, Texsox said:

Took my echo this past week. We are also monitoring my Leukemia a bit closer with tests every three months instead of annual. I'm just really lucky I caught COVID in 2022 after two vaccinations and a booster.

Good to hear it. Sounds like you have more than just a few factors which could have made it a disaster.  

Hope all goes well! 🙏🙏🙏

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

Good luck Tex!  I still remember Moncada looking like he was going to cry after scoring from first late in the season after having Covid early in the year and he is obviously in great shape compared to us old farts.

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

Good to hear it. Sounds like you have more than just a few gators which could have made it a disaster.  

Hope all goes well! 🙏🙏🙏

Yet, I be an in better shape today than any point in the list 20 years. Feel great. I just have a couple of lurkers.

2 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Good luck Tex!  I still remember Moncada looking like he was going to cry after scoring from first late in the season after having Covid early in the year and he is obviously in great shape compared to us old farts.

With that growing range of versatility in emotions expressed....wince/groan, stoic indifference, tears....his future career in telenovelas and MVs is virtually assured.