Menechino is movable

brijames1957

28 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

The same guy who saw Tim Anderson at the airport is now reporting that Frank Menechino was spotted with some of the boys at Admiral Theatre last night. Sounds like all of the guys were near the main stage making it rain with singles, not one of them went for a private dance.

Just thought you all should know.

Looking for some slump busters?

• Hawk 1

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

The same guy who saw Tim Anderson at the airport is now reporting that Frank Menechino was spotted with some of the boys at Admiral Theatre last night. Sounds like all of the guys were near the main stage making it rain with singles, not one of them went for a private dance.

Just thought you all should know.

TLR always refers to this team as a "family".  My family doesn't hang out together at the Admiral.

4 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Last five games: 34 singles, 10 XBH.

The most shocking part of that for me is that they actually have that many XBH. Off hand I remember home runs by Grandal and Vaughn and a double by Seby but that's it.  Ah good times...scratching and surviving.

28 minutes ago, wegner said:

The most shocking part of that for me is that they actually have that many XBH. Off hand I remember home runs by Grandal and Vaughn and a double by Seby but that's it.  Ah good times...scratching and surviving.

Hangin' in and jivin'

Your 2022 Chicago White Sox

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

Thanks for bumping this thread....it's borderline criminal that it fell to the 2nd page.

They won a few games in a row it's understandable. Didn't score a ton but got a few big hits.

It has again been 3 full games, now working on 4, without a home run by the White Sox. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

They won a few games in a row it's understandable. Didn't score a ton but got a few big hits.

It has again been 3 full games, now working on 4, without a home run by the White Sox. 

Frank saved by a bloop single by Yoan.

I was curious to see how bad this offense was in the first 5 innings of the game, because it seems like we just dont score at all against starting pitchers. I only did games since the allstar break, but if i find time to kill later i can do the whole year. I will edit this post later and post starter ERAs. Here is my handkerchief math:

Sox offense averages 1.6 runs between inning 1-5 

Average opponent starting pitcher ERA: 4.56

EDIT 2: I went ahead and looked at the average XBH per 5 innings during this stretch: 1.1

7 home runs.... in 27 games

Edited by reiks12
  • Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Feels like 30....feels like 30.

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

lost in the 21-5 loss, we had 24 LOB and only scored 5 runs (3 of which came from a HR). only 2 XBH

39 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The box score says 12 LOB? 

Team LOB does not equal the total of individual LOB, as two different batters may have made outs with the same guys on base and both get credit for individual LOB but of course they don't double count for the team.

15 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Team LOB does not equal the total of individual LOB, as two different batters may have made outs with the same guys on base and both get credit for individual LOB but of course they don't double count for the team.

Regardless of how the LOB is counted they leave too many men on base. They were 4-19 with RISP the last 2 games. 

• Like 1