Menechino is movable

brijames1957

25 minutes ago, fathom said:

Would just show Jerry doesn’t care about winning, he cares about doing things his way.  It’s sad what this organization is these days.

Yeah.  I mean, JR didn't get as wealthy as he is being a dumbass or a horseshit businessman.  There is no way he's pleased with how this season has gone.  His multiple championship window is all but out the window.  His young, exciting and vibrant team is now boring and lifeless.  He's exceptionally likely to miss out on 2022 playoff revenues with the highest payroll in club history.  Attendance is down, and they're certain to lose season ticket holders this offseason.  Pretty much everything White Sox related is worse than it was when TLR took over.  

There is no possible way he's happy about that.  Even if he doesn't care about winning, I am sure he cares about the finances, and those things have a ton of synergies.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I just gotta write this before we move on.

7/16 with RISP tonight. That’s a .435 batting average.

5 runs scored.

7-17, actually, but your point remains the same. 38 left on in the last 3 games.  They have scored a whopping 12 runs.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

In Fegan’s article, it feels like they’re blaming the humidor at the park for the lack of power.  Can’t wait to hear that excuse 100 times this offseason.

The other teams use the same baseballs from the same humidor, right?

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

At home, yes. But he said that the ball flies more in Cleveland and Minnesota.  Knowing the Sox org, they probably messed up the humidor :)

Yea but my issue is other teams are hitting the ball out at Guaranteed rate at what seems to be a normal rate, whereas the white Sox have moved into warning track power zone

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Yea but my issue is other teams are hitting the ball out at Guaranteed rate at what seems to be a normal rate, whereas the white Sox have moved into warning track power zone

Of course, it’s all ridiculous.  One major thing that we all see is that with right field being such a launching pad, the ridiculous lack of lefty power this year has killed the Sox.

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Of course, it’s all ridiculous.  One major thing that we all see is that with right field being such a launching pad, the ridiculous lack of lefty power this year has killed the Sox.

I put this in the other thread, but statistically this doesn't stand up to a hint of scrutiny either.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Balta, any idea how many homers to right the Sox have hit at home compared to their opponents?

How about from a proprietary "machine learning" based system aimed at the gambling community?

https://swishanalytics.com/mlb/mlb-park-factors

ParkFactor2.jpg

I don't have full details on the underlying algorithm on this one, but nothing stands out about RF being unusually unfriendly - rather the reverse. 

I can't break out the White Sox vs. their opponents, but Statcast thinks that RF at the Rate is where everyone should be wanting to hit the ball this year. For lefties, the Rate is the most HR friendly park in baseball in 2022.

ParkFactorLH.jpg

and for completeness here's righties. Still HR friendly, but not as much as for lefties.

ParkFactorRH.jpg

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

• 3 weeks later...