Menechino is movable

brijames1957

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You do know you're on this thing called the internet  that has all kinds of information available don't you ? Splits are available on any number of websites.

Thank you for the wonderful advice.

I was in the middle of about 20 tasks and taking a crap, scrolling / reading on my iPhone when I posted that. Was thinking that on a board like this someone would take the time to post the numbers, which they graciously did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Hawk 1

18 hours ago, JoeC said:

Thank you for the wonderful advice.

I was in the middle of about 20 tasks and taking a crap, scrolling / reading on my iPhone when I posted that. Was thinking that on a board like this someone would take the time to post the numbers, which they graciously did.

I was just fucking with you. Look at it this way u got 5 emoji points for your sob story.  I'm always looking at stats so I just thought it was pretty common knowledge that Moncada and Grandal have really sucked at hitting period and even worse LH since that's where they get the majority of their AB's.

• TLR 1

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I was just fucking with you. Look at it this way u got 5 emoji points for your sob story.  I'm always looking at stats so I just thought it was pretty common knowledge that Moncada and Grandal have really sucked at hitting period and even worse LH since that's where they get the majority of their AB's.

Yeah an overreaction on my part admittedly, but it’s been a long two weeks for me.

• Like 1

And it’s not as if Menechino suddenly remembered how to share his message once again in these past three weeks.

“You know what you are signing up for,” Menechino told me during a weekend interview in Detroit. “You know what the job requires and all the criticism that comes with it and all that. It doesn’t bother me. 

“I mean, that’s what I signed up for. It’s a hard job. You have to do it every day.

"Even when your team is red hot, you still have four or five guys that aren’t hitting well. It’s a day-to-day grind and you have to love it to do it. I got too much to worry about what I have to take care of and do to worry about what people think I should do.”

Manager Tony La Russa left the White Sox for health reasons on Aug. 30, which just happened to coincide with when this hot streak and power burst began. I asked Menechino if the change in production had anything to do with a managerial change, to which Menechino responded, “I don’t know. You would have to ask the players on that one.”

When asked a follow-up about the general philosophy staying the same as under La Russa, meaning the same basic message/approach, Menechino added, “I guess.”

“Everyone is doing the same amount of work. Everyone is doing everything they have been doing all year long,” said Menechino with an overview of the offense. “It’s coming down to, ‘Hey, it’s time to go,’ and guys are bearing down, and guys have focused in and concentrated more.

“You can never explain it. It’s not something where you can say, ‘Let’s just do this and this will be fine.’ So, they get it when they get it, and it comes when it comes, and it goes when it goes. That’s the nature of the beast.”

Any feeling of vindication isn’t part of Menechino’s daily work.

“I’m only happy when I’m pissed,” Menechino said. “The real thing is, I don’t really enjoy the good times, or the bad times don’t really bother me. At the end of this season, I look back and see what can I do to improve next year.

“Even as a player, I really didn’t enjoy it when I did good. I’m happy with the players doing good. When they do good, it’s contagious. When they do good, we win.”

 Scott Merkin, mlb.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 5:02 PM, caulfield12 said:

And it’s not as if Menechino suddenly remembered how to share his message once again in these past three weeks.

“You know what you are signing up for,” Menechino told me during a weekend interview in Detroit. “You know what the job requires and all the criticism that comes with it and all that. It doesn’t bother me. 

“I mean, that’s what I signed up for. It’s a hard job. You have to do it every day.

"Even when your team is red hot, you still have four or five guys that aren’t hitting well. It’s a day-to-day grind and you have to love it to do it. I got too much to worry about what I have to take care of and do to worry about what people think I should do.”

Manager Tony La Russa left the White Sox for health reasons on Aug. 30, which just happened to coincide with when this hot streak and power burst began. I asked Menechino if the change in production had anything to do with a managerial change, to which Menechino responded, “I don’t know. You would have to ask the players on that one.”

When asked a follow-up about the general philosophy staying the same as under La Russa, meaning the same basic message/approach, Menechino added, “I guess.”

“Everyone is doing the same amount of work. Everyone is doing everything they have been doing all year long,” said Menechino with an overview of the offense. “It’s coming down to, ‘Hey, it’s time to go,’ and guys are bearing down, and guys have focused in and concentrated more.

“You can never explain it. It’s not something where you can say, ‘Let’s just do this and this will be fine.’ So, they get it when they get it, and it comes when it comes, and it goes when it goes. That’s the nature of the beast.”

Any feeling of vindication isn’t part of Menechino’s daily work.

“I’m only happy when I’m pissed,” Menechino said. “The real thing is, I don’t really enjoy the good times, or the bad times don’t really bother me. At the end of this season, I look back and see what can I do to improve next year.

“Even as a player, I really didn’t enjoy it when I did good. I’m happy with the players doing good. When they do good, it’s contagious. When they do good, we win.”

 Scott Merkin, mlb.com

🤡

On 9/22/2022 at 9:56 PM, Balta1701 said:

Last gasp division rival series. I expect the best focus and solid approaches from everyone right?

Sox hitters have a reputation as being aggressive hitters who will swing at anything close.  This approach HAS to change and IMO is directly related to their batting coach. Part of a leadoff hitters job is to take as many pitches as possible.  Our leadoff hitters have no patience, as much as Moncada has been called out looking on strike 3, at least he usually works the count to try and get an advantage.  Perhaps they should think of batting him leadoff next year?  Growing a little tired of no name pitchers shutting us down for 5 innings while we reach at balls outside the strike zone.

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Can we get an announcement that this hack been relieved of his duties as well?  Official as soon as the team charter lands?  No better time than now. 

It seems like the new manager gets named first before letting any coaches go, but it would be nice to just do it Thursday morning and not give the new manager a chance to keep him.

4 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

There you go with the clowns again, pretty strange way of responding, but I guess if you can't think of anything to say you just add your clown emoji.

I’m calling Menechino a clown. You’re extremely bright and are now a member of the Hall of Fame club.

Congrats!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

It seems like the new manager gets named first before letting any coaches go, but it would be nice to just do it Thursday morning and not give the new manager a chance to keep him.

That is probably the order of events, but there really is no reason to drag it out.  The org should have fired his ass ages ago, and he should in no way be in consideration for the position in the future.

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Daryl Boston will be a White sox coach for life, he's not going anywhere which is why we won't IMO hire a manager from outside the organization.  

• Fire 1

Most hitting coaches could get quality at bats from Harrison, Garcia, and the rest. Hahn handed him a gold mine of talent that he squandered. 

Or, like Katz, he was given crap to work with and the results show it. 

I honestly don't know which. Initially I really thought this roster sucked. Then when everyone here and the betting lines had them as a top team, I began thinking I was wrong and Hahn put together a decent roster. 

Coaching or bad players? When is a bottom five franchise probably both.