Jump to content

Menechino is movable


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Today would be yet another fine day to fire this guy…

Last night I only saw our at bats in the 9th.  Holy crap, what an embarrassing effort those 3 were.  I was shocked to hear in the post game that Robert had good at bats earlier in the game...he looked pretty awful making that last out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Last night I only saw our at bats in the 9th.  Holy crap, what an embarrassing effort those 3 were.  I was shocked to hear in the post game that Robert had good at bats earlier in the game...he looked pretty awful making that last out.

Robert 3-4 w/ 2 BB a facing Lefties.  Sox left countless men on base before facing the lone RHP on the night in the 9th.  And it wasn’t pretty as you witnessed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Robert 3-4 w/ 2 BB a facing Lefties.  Sox left countless men on base before facing the lone RHP on the night in the 9th.  And it wasn’t pretty as you witnessed.  

The Sox have done this more than several times this season. Down one in the ninth, they meekly go down 1-2-3 with the ball not leaving the infield. There is something disturbing about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Highland said:

The Sox have done this more than several times this season. Down one in the ninth, they meekly go down 1-2-3 with the ball not leaving the infield. There is something disturbing about this.

Sure, they’re all pressing because they don’t totally trust their teammates or manager.

That pertains to both offense and defense.  Pitchers can’t trust the defense behind them.  Pollock can’t trust Vaughn or Eloy or Sheets to his right or left.

Moncada Anderson and Abreu can’t trust Abreu this year.  Pitchers can’t trust Seby and Grandal.

Every little distrust perpetuates itself and the cycle just continues with no end in sight.

Same with hitting with the bases loaded.  Or the starters not trusting the first reliever following them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Moncada Anderson and Abreu can’t trust Abreu this year.  Pitchers can’t trust Seby and Grandal.

 

I'll give you Grandal... but Abreu seems very solid. In addition, Seby has elite framing numbers this year and has cut wayyyy down on passed balls and wild pitches. SSS, but his caught stealing rate is up too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

That’s the only rational reason I can see that he’s still employed.  As pathetic as that seems. 

It’s really the worst because if it’s true, it tells you what their priorities are (hint: it’s not winning). And if it’s not true, what the actual fork are we doing here?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2017 CHW: .256 AVG, .314 OBP, .417 SLG

2022 CHW: .258 AVG, .312 OBP, .386 SLG

Thats right, our offense is on par, if not worse, than the team we fielded after waving the white flag and starting a massive rebuild.

WHY ISNT ANYONE BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE HERE? 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • TLR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...