Flying in for a couple games, need info

pmb0928

1 hour ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

10 people shot at the McDonalds on State and Chicago last night. But hey it's only a perceived threat so no worries. 

Ten people shot at one location and it doesn't make national news?
We are comfortably numb.

EDIT: Ok there it is on the AP line at 11:49 Central.
We're still numb.

Edited by FoxForce2

• 2 months later...

I was just rechecking the thread I started a couple months about heading to watch a few games. My better half and me are flying in on the 16th and heading home on the 19th with a plan to see the tuesday and thursday games while checking out Chicago on Wednesday. I really want to see Cease pitch and he is scheduled for Tuesday. Hopefully the weather holds out.

Thanks for all the responses, we are going to stay in the Mag Mile.

Now a question on some tickets. She wants to sit down below near the sox dugout, do you guys know if tickets prices on stubhub, etc. usually go down the day or two before the game or should I just buy them now? I think I paid about $100 for 2 tickets in the 5th row behind sox dugout when my son and I went in 2016. I expect they will be a lot more now. I wouldnt mind sitting in the outfield but its her first MLB game ever so I am giving her what she wants.

21 minutes ago, pmb0928 said:

I was just rechecking the thread I started a couple months about heading to watch a few games. My better half and me are flying in on the 16th and heading home on the 19th with a plan to see the tuesday and thursday games while checking out Chicago on Wednesday. I really want to see Cease pitch and he is scheduled for Tuesday. Hopefully the weather holds out.

Now a question on some tickets. She wants to sit down below near the sox dugout, do you guys know if tickets prices on stubhub, etc. usually go down the day or two before the game or should I just buy them now? I think I paid about $100 for 2 tickets in the 5th row behind sox dugout when my son and I went in 2016. I expect they will be a lot more now. I wouldnt mind sitting in the outfield but its her first MLB game ever so I am giving her what she wants.

Has she been practicing her "Fire Tony" chant?

10 hours ago, pmb0928 said:

they will fall, and they will fall pretty hard the day of the game. I don't have any tix for that series, but have 4th row behind visiting dugout ... i havent sniffed face value ONCE this year including weekend games. Generally you'll pay about $50 for a M/T/W/R game if you play your cards right. There's always the same culprits I am competing/torpeding prices against just so i'm not stuck with them. Section 121-126 usually has a few guys who drop price a lot. Houston may draw a somewhat bigger crowd ... that said it's close to back to school .. $50 before fees is a good guess. 

• Hawk 1

20 hours ago, pmb0928 said:

Fwiw, the 300 level is gold.  So many less people,  no bathroom or food lines when compared to 100 and 500.

• Hawk 1

Well we picked the right game for her first game. On our way to Chicago.  Verlander vs Cease. Picked up 2 tickets right next to sox dugout,  8th row. Tickets were going on stubhub the last 2 days so should be great crowd. 

Some of you mentioned skylark which sounds good.  How close is that to the stadium? Walking or uber? Taking red line in early. 

And when do gates open for sox games?

Thanks for all the advice, staying in mag mile area.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, pmb0928 said:

Well we picked the right game for her first game. On our way to Chicago.  Verlander vs Cease. Picked up 2 tickets right next to sox dugout,  8th row. Tickets were going on stubhub the last 2 days so should be great crowd. 

Some of you mentioned skylark which sounds good.  How close is that to the stadium? Walking or uber? Taking red line in early. 

I would just take redline to 35th and go to turtles/Cork and Kerry for a dive bar before the game. Those are the definitive Sox bars. They're the closest to the stadium. Gates open usually about 90 minutes before.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pmb0928 said:

Skylark is an awesome dive/hipster bar that's not terribly close to the stadium.  Same with Maria's/Kimski and Bernice's.  The easiest thing is definitely to hit Cork/Turtle's and walk to the game as the previous poster mentioned, the other options require more planning and special trips.