5/17 Sox @ Royals Game 1 | 1:10PM CT

• Quin pinned this topic
1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

After the rough Yankee start, I can see Cease bouncing back w a gem against the Royals. 

Yeah, thinking the same. His stats vs the Royals batters are solid. only Benintendi has hit him well (.385 BA). Everyone else is around .230 or lower including dominating Dozier and Santana, while holding Perez and Merrifield to .222 BAs. 

Day game after a night game will be interesting to see if Moncada plays the 1st game, the 2nd game or possibly both.

I wouldn't be surprised if Abreu plays both since he showed a pulse yesterday but he usually is the  exception to any rest plan but Vaughn could play 1st base the 1st game.

McGuire probaby starts the 1st game at catcher .

Harrison, Leury split games at 2nd base.

Mendick probably gets a game at SS.

Outfield should be Pollock Robert and flip a coin in RF between Engel or Sheets since both played yesterday. Somebody out there will play in both games.

Wouldn't mind at all Tim playing both games maybe one of them at DH but unlikely with 2 RHP  will be going for KC.

Vaughn probably sits for one of the games.

All I know is that one of the games the lineup won't be one too many people like.

Who plays both games ?

2 hours ago, Taz said:

Will miss the first one due to a staff meeting. Though I suppose can fake that I have the runs to get out of it?

Come on Sox!

The Sox need the runs as well. 

• Like 1

Another outstanding genius lineup for the first game by our genius HOF manager!

2nd - Pollack .192
4th - Abreu .200
5th - Grandal - .176
7th - Garcia - .200
8th - McGuire - .140
9th - Harrison .149

I guess this squarely puts the pressure on Dylan Cease to pitch "lights out" in order for the Sox to win game one. 

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Another outstanding genius lineup for the first game by our genius HOF manager!

2nd - Pollack .192
4th - Abreu .200
5th - Grandal - .176
7th - Garcia - .200
8th - McGuire - .140
9th - Harrison .149

I guess this squarely puts the pressure on Dylan Cease to pitch "lights out" in order for the Sox to win game one. 

I am by no means trying to defend TLR here because some of his lineups are ridiculous, but when that many guys have bad numbers, it's on the players. Any lineup you put out there will have a handful of guys with horrible numbers because we have been horrible offensively this year.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

I am by no means trying to defend TLR here because some of his lineups are ridiculous, but when that many guys have bad numbers, it's on the players. Any lineup you put out there will have a handful of guys with horrible numbers because we have been horrible offensively this year.

Agreed it's on the players, but it doesn't mean TLR has to play the worst of the worst! Why not Moncada at 3rd, Vaughn in left, Engel in right and Sheets DH as stronger potential lineup? 

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Agreed it's on the players, but it doesn't mean TLR has to play the worst of the worst! Why not Moncada at 3rd, Vaughn in left, Engel in right and Sheets DH as stronger potential lineup? 

The thing is, these guys aren't as bad as their current numbers. Regressing to the mean will happen, and it will be fun. At least for a little while. 

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Do you play all of them in game 2 also? I think he wants to rest guys that have been on the IL. Resting Moncada is understandable I guess, but I'd probably play Vaughn both games.