5/17 Sox @ Royals Game 1 | 1:10PM CT

28 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

So is that the side family he was working on while being married to the the other celebrity girl? 

It's amazing how much female related drama we as guys bring in to our lives. It took me too long to finally realize that the juice is almost never worth the squeeze.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I have no words...

So, to be clear.

Vaughn, Robert, Anderson, and Moncada all need rest frequently or something.

Abreu, Grandal, Harrison, Pollock, and Garica need to play every game.

The first group is young, contains probably your best four hitters at the moment and, in Robert and Vaughn's case, developing still. 

The second group is old, kinda sucks at the moment, and has dudes with injury concerns.

• Like 3
  • Fire 3

53 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The thing is, these guys aren't as bad as their current numbers. Regressing to the mean will happen, and it will be fun. At least for a little while. 

They will be better, thank goodness. I wouldn't hold hope expecting them to get "extra" hot to make up for the suckiness so far though. Rolling a bunch of 1's doesn't make you any more likely to get a 6 on your next roll.

Edited by SpringfieldFan

I'm so sick of the rest thing. Here the modern advanced metrics people who I like to refer to as stakniks have changed the game so much for the worse (IMO) and yet we stick to this age/old, timeworn crap about baseball players needing rest all the time. It's ridiculous. If it is in the cards for Robert to get hurt, he's going to get hurt. Playing two games in one day at his age is not a stress on his body. He had a big game yesterday and should play in all five. He doesn't need rest for gosh sakes. Cal Ripken didn't need rest. Same game.

The Sox injuries are not caused by overuse of the body. It's either cause of quick bursts of motion running the bases or running after pop ups or it's inability to field a position correctly (Eloy vs, the wall).

Somebody calm me down. I hate the 'day off' topic in baseball. This isn't an NFL game or hockey game! It is baseball, a game played at a leisurely pace. If anybody needs rest it's 77 year old Tony. He should skip the nightcap. The rest might help refrresh him mentally.

Edited by greg775

43 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

yea it's a little scandalous but for a pro ball player him and TAs shit is par for the course.

Looks like same lady for both children Vanessa Morgan.

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

So, to be clear.

The first group is young, contains probably your best four hitters at the moment and, in Robert and Vaughn's case, developing still. 

The second group is old, kinda sucks at the moment, and has dudes with injury concerns.

I think that statement broke my brain.  I can't even form coherent thoughts to express how profoundly stupid and clueless he is when he opens his mouth.

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

So, to be clear.

None of those 4 guys mentioned there play every game, in fact it's not even close to being a fact.