5/19 Sox @ Royals | 1:10PM CT | Velasquez vs Hernandez

Capn12

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Thank you Jerry for bringing in TLR to manage this potentially great team! Additionally, thank you TLR, for bringing your buddy, the "yes man" and genius hitting guru Menechino to make this great potential team hit so well and be near the bottom of the league in all the key offensive categories! 

19 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Wow that is sad. I would love to see those stats for the Dodgers, Yankees, Rays, Blue Jays, etc.

Someone posted that a few days ago. Apparently it was similar for both the Yankees and the Dodgers. I'll see if I can find it

Edit: Found

Edited by DoUEvenShift

Before anyone says this:

Yes, going 3-2 against the Royals is better than the alternative, and it is winning another series.

However;

-the white Sox are already playing catch-up and need to look to make up ground, particularly against weaker teams
-the white Sox already had one major slump against their division opponents
-the Royals lost Salvador Perez in game 2
-This series is bracketed by the Yankees and 1-3 against the Yankees followed by 3-2 against the Royals is still losing ground on .500. If they don’t go 2-1 in the Bronx, you have to join in the criticism at that point, it’s only fair.

2 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Also, Carlos Hernandez is bad. REAL Bad. He hasn't gone more than 5.1 IP in any start so far, and most have been abysmal:

image.png

Well, current Sox hitters are under .200 against him (9/46) lifetime with a sub 600 OPS back when offensive numbers were closer to normal.

Has pretty much owned us except for one competitive game...

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Before anyone says this:

Yes, going 3-2 against the Royals is better than the alternative, and it is winning another series.

However;

-the white Sox are already playing catch-up and need to look to make up ground, particularly against weaker teams
-the white Sox already had one major slump against their division opponents
-the Royals lost Salvador Perez in game 2
-This series is bracketed by the Yankees and 1-3 against the Yankees followed by 3-2 against the Royals is still losing ground on .500. If they don’t go 2-1 in the Bronx, you have to join in the criticism at that point, it’s only fair.

IMO Memorial Day is the early season milestone. But not having insight into the Sox planning and execution of a mission statement/intent beyond that of any outsider, my opinion carries no more weight than any other fan. If the Sox come out of Mem Day below .500, what's going to happen? 

Edited by FoxForce2

14 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

IMO Memorial Day is the early season milestone. But not having insight into the Sox planning and execution of a mission statement/intent beyond that of any outsider, my opinion carries no more weight than any other fan. If the Sox come out of Mem Day below .500, what's going to happen? 

Probably nothing. Playing .500 ball through the the next week and a half, they’d (likely) only lose a few games in the standings. But they’ll be close enough not to justify any significant coaching changes.